INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaling Playlist for Printing  (Read 1332 times)

w.sachse

• Recent member
Scaling Playlist for Printing
« on: April 23, 2016, 02:30:24 pm »

In using the 'Print List' command to print out my playlist, I'm having trouble getting it to put all the columns on one piece of paper.
I went into `Setup' and see nothing about scaling the playlist. Selecting the printer and `Effects' permits me to scale the printout but it only prints a scaled version of what's displayed. A workaround is to select a bigger sheet of paper, one which shows all the columns (up to a limit). Then one can use `Effects' to scale that to a normal letter-size piece of paper. It works but I suspect that there must be a better way. Has anyone solved this problem? Thanks. . .  w.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Scaling Playlist for Printing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:31:34 am »

I find the best way is to export the playlist to a csv text file first. Try from the top menu File=>Export Playlist (you can choose csv and open in a spread sheet or WP software then you have more control of what you want to print)

You have the option to only export fields that are visible. You know you can hide or show whatever columns you want. Doing this before hand saves time as you won't have to mess with Excel to remove un-need columns and you can size to fit, depending on your choice of  portrait or landscape print modes.

You of course can do something similar by hiding columns before using Print List --- if this is easier for you you could maybe set up specific views just for printing, limiting the columns by default you are going to put on paper. I just find you have more control in an external program, which the export command allows. Your choice of course

w.sachse

• Recent member
Re: Scaling Playlist for Printing . . . THANKS
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:01:46 am »

Thanks for your quick reply.
In fact I did that also but I really liked the convenience of the `Print List' command and the look of the output so maybe someday in MC2x it will have the `print all columns on one page' option. 'Glad that I didn't miss something like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up