INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding removing libraries  (Read 2938 times)

trioxavier

• Recent member
adding removing libraries
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:21:39 am »

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with jriver, I would like to know how I add or remove libraries section. I removed the audio section but don't know how to add it back for documentation purposes.

as you see the audio section is missing

Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: adding removing libraries
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:39 am »

Some terminology:

The sections, Audio, Video, Images, etc, are Views.  More specifically, they are View containers, with one or more views inside of each one. Like Audio normally has Albums, Artists, etc.

You can turn on and off some of these from the Options settings, but I think you probably deleted Audio altogether because it's not one of the ones you can disable.  You could rebuild it manually, but that's kind of a pain if this is just for "documentation" (like to show screen shots and things).

Instead, we can build you a brand new library and it should have all of the default Views, including a fully populated Audio view.  I would recommend that you play around with this new library and do your documentation with it. Then when you're done, I'd probably delete the new library.  That way it's less confusing.  Most people only need one JRiver library.

To make a new Library:

File > Library >Library Manager > Add Library ...

Then you can switch between Libraries with File > Library > (select from list of Libraries)

Finally, you can delete your temporary Library with File > Library > Library Manager > Delete Library

Note that your new library won't have any media files imported into it.  Because it's brand new.  You can import whatever files you want to show in this new library.

Good luck.

Brian.

trioxavier

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:36:47 am »

Well I need the view container to be there. The documentation would be used for my end users. As of now I'm testing the software for possible future purchases. I've tried to reinstall jriver but it doesn't work. I don't want to make my configuration more complicated for them.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:27:49 am »

Building a fresh library will come with all of the standard View containers including Audio.

Do you want that Audio container in your working library too?  If so, you'll need to recreate it manually.  Or, if haven't made a lot of other changes, you could restore a library backup.  MC makes library backups automatically every couple of days.

File > Library > Restore Library ...

This command just restores the metadata and settings of the library.  It does NOT touch the media files.

I'm kinda guessing as to what you want.  If you want some specific help, please ask and I'll try to help you.

Brian.

trioxavier

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:51:37 am »

thanks, that worked
Pages: [1]   Go Up