INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extremely Slow Transfer Of Files To Internal Memory  (Read 10517 times)

Dorsai

• Recent member
Extremely Slow Transfer Of Files To Internal Memory
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:06:39 am »

I just went to update the music on my internal memory and PMW indicated that it was going to take ~30 hours. I also tried using Windows Explorer, but it resulted in the same estimate. Copying directly to SD cards works fine.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dorsai

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:42 am »

I guess I can only assume there is no solution?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: Extremely Slow Transfer Of Files To Internal Memory
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:59:39 pm »

You may have a problem with the internal memory on the Pono. Mine would do the same thing. I would try copying music to it, it would tell me a reasonable amount of time, then the transfer rate would drop like a rock, until it eventually would stop transferring.

A message to the Pono support folks had me a pre-paid label and a repaired Pono. The process took a MONTH however to get the player back, which was kinda crap.

renaizman

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:12 pm »

At least someone got this slow to zero transfer problem to internal memory repaired by Pono. They initially responded to me by email that they would repair it in mid May after it had already been not working at all for a few weeks. They have never again responded to 2 emails and 3 phone calls I've made about what they want me to do to send it to them. The initial email said they would send me instructions on what to do. They've done nothing. And non one answers the phone ever in person or returns calls.  The 800 number listed under "customer support" in the quick start guide does not work. The hours they list as being there for customer service "& Days, 6 am-6 pm, Pacific Time" do not matchup with what a recording tells you if you call the other direct (408) area code number. It says they close at 5 pm, not 6 pm. I've gotten really frustrated and angry about the whole situation. I get the feeling that the business is not being run very well and may be having financial problems. They respond to NOTHING. This has become a worthless piece of junk that exactly matches the complaints others are making about the internal memory eventually just stopping uploading. The whole ponoworld.com website is some sort of "bastardized" thing for J River Media that for someone who doesn't know J River media, is a piece of crap. The website has always been crap. I thought it was just because it was basically a start up company and that it would improve. But the whole product and company seems to be just a big loser of an idea that is getting worse and more confusing with no customer service at all.  In fact, the first player I bought didn't work well either, but the retailer exchanged it for me. Now the product has become worthless and the company full of ? nothing??. I have no idea what the hell is going on, but this whole idea is just turning out to be a piece of garbage thrown together by a poorly run business. The utterly COMPLETE ignoring of my numerous responses to their first email saying they would repair it is inexcusable. Maybe they're on the verge of bankruptcy or have had too many defective products to thrive as a business. Note to Neil Young - Your product certainly does NOT come close to "replicating what you hear when you record something." Unless you play one verse of a song and the electricity gets cut of every day and you can't get a darn thing done. I'm very angry about this and have never had a business ignore multiple written and verbal voice messages requesting that they honor their warranty and the terms of the email they sent me saying the would repair it and to wait for them to tell me what to do in terms of shipping it to them. It's complete BS. I've waited long enough not to complain about this in some public forum or otherwise. The company ripped me off of hundreds of dollars and left an answering machine to take messages that are never returned. The non working 800 number and deceased hours and lack of response make me feel this company is on the verge of either failing or going to fail. If it's going to continue to rip off people like it has me, then it should fail. I've never had any business treat me like this, and I'm no young kid. Pono music is crap. Take the money and run.             

l8mdl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 12:28:10 pm »

I just loaded the 64gb memory on the Pono with files I won't be changing often, possibly never. Once its full, just side load cards to your heart's content. I use 200gb Sandisk cards. I'm enjoying quality music - no phone calls to Pono, no frustration, no whining! As for PMW I use it only for purchases, then side load. Guess I need it for any firmware upgrades but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up