INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist for Albums  (Read 1986 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
Playlist for Albums
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:05:33 am »

I am familiar with using PLAYLISTS for various track collections.  I realize that dragging an ALBUM into a playlist results in all the tracks being added individually to the respective PLAYLIST.

Is there a way to create a PLAYLIST for full albums which does not result in the tracks being listed separately.  This would be helpful to me in creating a "themed" ALBUM grouping.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist for Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:11:01 am »

I realize this won't be a "playlist", but you could assign a descriptive genre to each album you want in the group, then in the genre view hit "Play".

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:52 am »

There are many ways to get to what you are describing.

One way is to make a field called "Themes" and populate the Themes field with the information you are talking about.  Then you can make a Categories View, that's a lot like your Albums view.  Except that your new view starts with Theme as the first category and Album as the second category.  In this way you can have many themes and you can drill down into a theme and see all the albums with that theme.

Another way to do this is to build a normal playlist, but then *view* the playlist in a Categories or Panes view.  This wasn't obvious to me at first AT ALL.  But you can make Playlist Group a Category or a Pane!  When defining or editing a view, you'll get a dialog that lets you choose which field you want.  If you look to the left, you'll see that there are several more selections other than "library field".  One of these is Playlist Group. 

Make a categories view that has Playlist Group (root of all playlists) as the first category and Albums as the second category, and now you can view all of your playlists, grouped together by album.

If neither of these work for you, perhaps I've given you enough info to try some other stuff on your own.

Good luck.

Brian.

comet

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:35 am »

do a smartlist. add the modifiers shuffle and the add expend to full albums

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:11:29 am »

Thanks for suggestions, Guys.

Poking around a bit, found that I can drag and drop an album into the appropriate GENRE subcategory, e.g. MISCELLANEOUS/TEST.  Seems to work on limited number of albums that I tried so far.

Looks like also might be able to add a new LIBRARY VIEW, e.g., TEST, by right clicking AUDIO but need to figure out what needs to added/changed to populate the new view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up