INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Videos Lock up MC  (Read 1733 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
All Videos Lock up MC
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:32:02 am »

Any video I try playing will lock up MC. When I try to open a video file I get the spinning wait symbol that never goes away and I get an empty white box that will stay on top of any other program until I force quit MC. I have tried avi, mkv, and mp4 files. I've tried from the MC's File > Open Media File menu as well as from Open With in Finder. Audio files play fine. Videos play fine in VLC. I'm on the latest version of MC and I don't know when this started as MC isn't my default video file handler.

I tried removing MC from my computer and reinstalling it but that didn't help.

MC 21.0.80
OSX 10.11.4

EDIT: Okay, this time I waited it out. After I got the blank screen and hour glass I walked away for a few minutes. When I came back the video was playing. It seems that once the file has been loaded/played, MC works well. If not, it chokes for a couple of minutes until it does whatever it does to get it to play.

blgentry

Re: All Videos Lock up MC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 06:53:10 am »

I see something similar to this the first time I play video, but only sometimes.  It seems to be right after I open MC and go straight to playing a video.  I usually get a pause of around 30 seconds and then it starts playing.  Usually without sound.  If I then press stop and play again, it plays immediately with both audio and video.

This doesn't happen every time.  I'm not 100% sure how to induce it on my system.

OS X 10.9.5

Brian.

edbro

Re: All Videos Lock up MC
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:39:22 am »

I see something similar to this the first time I play video, but only sometimes. 

I have MC on both a PC and a MAC. I use MC as my primary video player on the PC because it works very well. On the Mac I use VLC because MC has always been problematic/slow with videos. It is a shame that I have what should be a total media solution but I have to use a piece of freeware to handle my videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up