INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag & Drop Issue  (Read 6583 times)

walkerofearth

Drag & Drop Issue
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:15:20 pm »

Hi! I'm running MC21 on Ubuntu 14.04 and have a weird problem... I can't drag and drop anything!  ?

In the Windows version of MC I was able to (for example) drag an artist or album into a genre in the Panes view to tag them and I can't do that here. I also can't reorder playlists, drag songs into playlists, etc and it is driving me crazy.

Is there a solution for this and/or does anyone have a guess as to why I can't drag and drop?

(For clarity's sake I don't mean dragging my files into MC - I mean dragging songs within MC from a view to a playlist, etc.)

EDIT:

I've tried MC20 as well and I'm unable to drag and drop in it either. I also tried other mice (because the problem seems so bizarre I'm not sure what else I can do).

I can click and drag fine in other applications, for example dragging text or images in Firefox.

The behavior in MC is quite strange - it's like my click and drag isn't being recognized at all. When I press down on a song and try to drag it it's like I'm not "taking the song with my cursor" if that makes any sense.

Is this functionality in the Linux version? How can I reorder playlists?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Drag & Drop Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:00:06 am »

Agreed the linux gui is not as interactive as the windows version. I reorder playlists in windows and use "update order" to send that back to the linux server.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:01 pm »

Drag and Drop isn't implemented on Linux yet. It's on the list going forward...

walkerofearth

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:48:05 pm »

Oh jeez, I see. That would certainly explain why nothing seems to be happening when I try to drag and drop  :P

Anyways, I hope that feature makes it's way in pretty soon! I used that functionality a lot...

I'll have to try and make do without for now I suppose.

Rob1954

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 05:41:03 am »

Yeah - have just encountered this myself.  After years of happy motoring with JR MC on a Windows platform I upgraded to the master license so I could set up  MC21 on an older laptop running Mint Linux.  All was well until tried setting up some playlists - inability to drag & drop, cut & paste means that it is impossible to move playlists and/or playlist groups around and establish an hierarchy.    

Certainly something to warn punters about, surely!?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:07 pm »

Sorry about the slowness getting this one implemented. We are part way there. It's a non-trivial problem. One of those things that's really different between platforms.

Rob1954

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 11:16:18 am »

Hi

Has this issue been addressed in MC Vs22 at all???

It really is a major downer to using MC under Linux

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:11 am »

Hi

Has this issue been addressed in MC Vs22 at all???

It really is a major downer to using MC under Linux
It's still in the queue, there has been some work on it but it's not finished yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up