INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing file name causes deletion  (Read 2291 times)

Auerhahn

Editing file name causes deletion
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:15:24 am »

I found a fine bug in MC 21 (21.0.80):

When I click a filename in a file listing, I can edit it. If I do this, MC deletes the file without asking me. That’s amazing...  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A very nice bug
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:25:19 am »

If you find a problem in the current build, please report it in the thread that announced the build.

blgentry

Re: Editing file name causes deletion
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:38:29 am »

I've just tried several variations of this from a file listing.  (Not the tag action window)

1. Changed the last part of the file name, after all of the directories.  MC renamed the file, as I typed it.
2. Typed a new file name, starting with / .  I don't have permission to write to the / directory.  MC tried to rename it, then gave me a dialog saying it had an error.  Then the old file name came back.
3.  Pressed delete to erase the file name, the enter to save this blank file name.  MC gave me the same error above and restored the original file name again.

This is all correct as far as I'm concerned.

What is the exact sequence of steps required to produce the behavior you are describing?

Brian.

BradATIMA

Re: Editing file name causes deletion
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »

When you say that the file was deleted, do you mean that it was deleted from the hard drive or that is was deleted from your Media Center library? If I edit the filename, I can make Media Center lose track of a file, and eventually remove it from the library, but it never deletes it from the hard drive. You also might want to make sure that the file wasn't just moved to a new location. If you're editing the filename, it will move the file if you're changing the folder names in the file path to something valid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up