INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually moved files exist on Hard Drive but not showing up in the app  (Read 2627 times)

ag93444

• Recent member

Need help. Manually moved files not showing up in search

I ripped a number of CDs and saved the FLAC Files to a folder on my hard drive ("Music FLAC"). I ripped several more CD's but saved those FLAC files to a second folder ("Music FLAC #2"). Several days later I manually moved all of the FLAC files from the 2nd folder to the 1st Folder and erased the 2nd folder. Now ALL FLAC Files sit in the 1st Folder ("Music FLAC") however the files that were manually moved from the 2nd folder do not come up when I search in the app or under "File" under "Audio" in the menu on left of App.

The files DO exist on my hard drive. The metadata appears to be accurate.

Why are files not showing up in search or when I search "Files" under "Audio?"

Thanks in advance.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

Need help. Manually moved files not showing up in search

I ripped a number of CDs and saved the FLAC Files to a folder on my hard drive ("Music FLAC"). I ripped several more CD's but saved those FLAC files to a second folder ("Music FLAC #2"). Several days later I manually moved all of the FLAC files from the 2nd folder to the 1st Folder and erased the 2nd folder. Now ALL FLAC Files sit in the 1st Folder ("Music FLAC") however the files that were manually moved from the 2nd folder do not come up when I search in the app or under "File" under "Audio" in the menu on left of App.

The files DO exist on my hard drive. The metadata appears to be accurate.

Why are files not showing up in search or when I search "Files" under "Audio?"

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried manually running an import on the directory?  Do you have auto-import setup? 

To offer some context: JRiver doesn't (by default) show you the directories on your harddrive (although it can be configured to do so); it shows you a database that indexes the files on your drive.  So if the files are not imported into JRiver, JRiver doesn't know about them.  Unless you have enabled the "auto-import" feature, there's no reason to expect that files you've manually put in the directory would show up in JRiver.

So run an import manually and see if they show up.  If they still don't show up, it's likely that there's a tagging problem (they're being imported, you're just not seeing them because they don't have the expected tags).

ag93444

• Recent member

It was an import thing. All set now. Thanks!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up