INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shut down interrupted  (Read 2589 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Shut down interrupted
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:34:54 am »

Hi!

I am running MC 20 on an older headless MacMini, running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. It works fine and I'm really happy with it. I only use MC for my audio files that are stored on the 1TB hard drive in the MacMini, I don't use it for video. MC is the only program I run on the MacMini, I don't use it for anything else. I also have the MC server running, so i can use the nearly perfect JRemote app on my iPad.

I don't like the MacMini to be turned on when I'm away, so I turn it off using a remote software on my MacBook. Normally, when you tell the Mac to turn off itself, it closes all programs and then turns off. But MC 20 stops this process, so I manually have to quit MC before I can turn off the MacMini.

Also I am thinking about a time-based shut down of the Mac, which wouldn't work if MC stops the process.

My guessing is that the problem has something to do with the running MC server. Starting MC also starts MC server, so two services are open, but the server is kind of hidden, so the Mac stumbles over it while trying to close the programs.

As the problem was discussed before (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100423.0 and http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99559.0) but wasn't "solved" I wonder if the new MC 21 version maybe did solve this "problem".
I ran the MC 21 trial version parallel to the MC 20 version but only thought about that problem when the trial period was over. And as I couldn't find any difference in the two versions I actually don't see the point in upgrading.

I could think of a work-around with a script that I run instead of the usual shut down command but a) I'm not a coder or IT crack and b) I think it could be a bit more difficult when I'm right with my suggestion of two running services. Then one command could be not enough.

Thanks!
Grundgütiger
Pages: [1]   Go Up