INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Linking 2 sources  (Read 2444 times)

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with Linking 2 sources
« on: June 03, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »

Hey guys,
When I link two separate sources(dacs) in my case, when I skip to the next track, I get a delay where the song starts, stops, then resumes again.  It happens within a few seconds but it's rather annoying. Many way to prevent this issue?

I'm running a Windows 10 pc, i5 processor, 8gb ram, etc.  the dacs are connected via USB. 

Thanks,

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with Linking 2 sources
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:40:58 pm »

You're referring to the "Link Zone" feature of MC I assume.  I've noticed this same "stutter" effect when you first establish a link between zones.  I can understand why you'd want that to not happen.  It's momentary, but rather jarring.  As far as I know this is "normal" behavior.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

Brian.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:43:31 pm »

Brian,
Yes, you are correct, the Link Zone feature.  I use it to send audio to two different devices (and then areas of the home).  You are correct, it stutters upon track switches but then works great thereafter.  Any setting perhaps that can eliminate this?  Anyone else?

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 06:09:03 pm »

One other issue as well.  I use JRemote and when you link zones, the app does not indicate that they are linked (it used to).  And you cannot "unlink" them through the app either.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 07:03:36 pm »

Oh you get this on track change.  I've only experienced it when first linking zones.  As the link is established, there is a stutter.  After that they seem to work normally.  But my experience with linked zones is limited.

I'm not sure what the issue might be.  Are the DACs set up to use the same sample rates?  Do they both use WASAPI or ASIO?  What about exclusive access?  These are mostly guesses as I'm not sure what might be wrong.

Brian.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 07:18:27 pm »

Ironically if the track ends and the next one plays on its own, no stutter!  It's just when I manually skip a track.

They are both setup same....wasapi, same sample rates, etc.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 06:30:18 pm »

anyone else have any feedback regarding the above mentioned issues with Zone Linking?  I really like JRiver and I hope its just a setting or something simple:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up