INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying Auto-import Behaviour  (Read 3323 times)

apostos

• World Citizen
Modifying Auto-import Behaviour
« on: June 05, 2016, 11:38:34 am »

Some of my podcasts come with a lot of unwanted keywords. I typically remove these manually.
I’d like to automate the process during import if possible.

I read in a forum post that one could assign [Keyword] to an empty string. But the post didn’t offer an example and searching the forum for one has proved to be fruitless.

Any insight appreciated…

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Modifying Auto-import Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »

Is this what your looking for?

Tools>Import>Configure Auto-Import (click next) this will bring up folders you have set to watch. choose a folder and Edit, In the second box that opens choose Add then choose custom, In the field area scroll till you find Keywords then in the Value enter what u will.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:32 am »

Is this what your looking for?

Tools>Import>Configure Auto-Import (click next) this will bring up folders you have set to watch. choose a folder and Edit, In the second box that opens choose Add then choose custom, In the field area scroll till you find Keywords then in the Value enter what u will.

That’s my issue… I’m not sure what to enter to have the Keyword field remain empty on import.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:03:15 am »

Leave it blank

[keyword]:

If it doesn't work, just pick another field you never use (or make a custom field called blank)

[keyword]:[blank]

RD James

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 11:19:15 am »

I'd love it if there was a way to prevent podcasts or TVDB/TMDB lookups adding keywords to my library.
TMDB's lookups are particularly bad.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:51:29 am »

Leave it blank

[keyword]:

If it doesn't work, just pick another field you never use (or make a custom field called blank)

[keyword]:[blank]

I'll try those suggestions...

Thanks

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 12:13:16 pm »

Well, I’ve tried both suggestions (plus a few of my own concoctions) but keywords are still being imported.

Back in 2008 mark_h in this post... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47679.0
asked the developers this “Can we get an option to disable podcasts from importing their keywords into the library please?”

So, unless there’s some other way to get MC to stop importing keywords I think I’d like to re-request this feature.

Pages: [1]   Go Up