INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search query (regex?)  (Read 2120 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Search query (regex?)
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:58:21 am »

Hi all
I use the tag "Xiklone" to control some sync processes. Xiklone can have the value "include" or be empty.
When I set the tags using JRiver MC, I think that some of the tags in the library were not written to the files. I have found at least one album that only has the "Xiklone=include" tag on some of the tracks. For some tracks the Xiklone tag is empty.
All my albums are stored in a separate directory per album.
Now I would like to search for all albums that do not have a consistent Xiklone tag for all the tracks of the album (either include or empty). Can someone help me put together this rather special search query?
Thanks a lot

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Search query (regex?)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:53:39 am »

As far as I know, MC can not search the tags *inside* the files.  It can only search the fields that are populated inside MC's own internal database.

You are describing a problem where you think the database fields in MC have not been synced to the external files tags.  The solution is to try to update them.  Start with a few as a test.

(select some files) > Right click > Library Tools > Update tags (from library)

This will push the fields from MC *into* the external files.  Different values will be overwritten.  So make sure there aren't any tags inside these files that have not yet been imported into MC.  There shouldn't be unless you are using an external tagger and then periodically updating these tags in MC.

You might also want to check to make sure your custom field is set to write to tags in the Manage Library Fields section of MC.

Brian.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:06:51 am »

Thanks, Brian
I checked the MC library and indeed the tags were missing there as well (puzzled look). The most plausible explanation I can find is that this is an album I redownloaded from Qobuz and in this process I probably overwrote some tracks I had previously tagged with the original Qobuz files.
On the plus side this would mean that the other files I tagged are probably ok. At least the few Albums I checked manually are ok.
Thanks for the hint.
Rudi

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 09:20:49 am »

You might try restoring a backup.  Make one first in case you need to return to your present library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up