INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesn't MC find existing cover art for Videos?  (Read 3545 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
Why doesn't MC find existing cover art for Videos?
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:41 am »

Many cover arts for Videos of my library are actually stored locally, in the appropriate Application Data\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art folder.
However, if I clone my library (which I needed to do for some independent reason), MC doesn't see the cover arts anymore, for external drives that are not connected.
If I ask it to "Rebuild thumbnails", it has no effect.
Can I solve this problem without having to reconnect my external drives one by one?

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Why doesn't MC find existing cover art for Videos?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 10:36:06 am »

Actually, I just did a Cover art > Quick find in file/cover art directory. It did find covers that were there :)

The question becomes: why aren't all cover arts for movies stored in that folder.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 10:56:17 am »

Cover Art handling in JRiver MC is sort of confusing.  Here's the official wiki entry on it:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cover_Art_Folder

What may *not* be obvious from the wiki entry is that cover art for Movies is always stored next to the movie file itself.  So:

Conan The Destroyer.mkv
Conan The Destroyer.jpg

Both will appear in the same directory with the exact same file name, just with a different extension.

The Cover Art directory can optionally be used for Album covers.  It is always used for TV Show Series and Season cover art.  Like I said, I find it a little confusing.

Brian.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 11:53:11 am »

Thanks for the explanations.

In fact, the Cover Art Folder ALSO contains the cover art for entries without files, obtained with MC Utils or pscriptor.pl :)
That's the case of many of my dvds and blurays (those that don't have an copy on a hard drive.)

Z0001

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:52:00 pm »

I noticed something similar after upgrading to w10 and reinstalling MC. I have loaded my existing library. Although the folder contains both the video and cover art file, for a handful of titles there is no cover art found until the title is selected. It's odd it's just a handful of titles.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 02:46:37 am »

I notice that sometimes thumbnails disappear (in Video and in Audio).
What are the proper settings to ensure that this doesn't happen?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 10:17:41 am »

At Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art, be sure to check the box "Also Store Cover Art in file's tag". 

Also, for "Audio Mode" I use "In the same folder as file", however, I  wonder, if your files are on a NAS (or external drive) would you may be better off with "Audio Mode: In a specified Folder" where that folder is on the computer's internal drive.

I'm not sure about this last suggestion - it makes sense to me (but all my files are on internal drives) - perhaps someone with more knowledge of this will comment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up