INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Music part of MC  (Read 1138 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Suggestions for Music part of MC
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

I was looking for proper forum for this, but did not find. Sorry about that.

I am currently re-ripping 5000 CD's and have some ideas from this experience and also from previous experiences going back about 15 years or so.

At one time I had a program called "Prasi" for burning CD's. For control of the CD drives, not only can you eject or open the tray, but can close it. I would this ability to that with the current crop of drives is still there. It is a great way to help protect these fragile drives when the try is open from damage: IE: a shirt sleeve catching the tray and pulling tot he floor or any other potential damage. The less physical activity near the drive, the safer it is.

This program also displayed information about the inserted disc. Size, type, number of layers, etc. While not necessary to what we are doing, is a nice touch to know if this is an original or copy disc. The information must be readily available from the drives.

When working with the art work, some other programs have the ability to call up a photo editing program to touch up the scanned image. This can be extremely advantageous.

In the past with a very different I was using the CDID code for locating the text files for CD's and also the art work. Please add to the library fields of the CD data and when ripping copy this to the "main" library field. I could have found much of the useful to make use of previous information I already had.

Please add the ability to save the album art work for the back cover. When we are listening to the music and see typos in the text, if we can display the rear cover, is very easy to check the text.

If possible, can we "link" the Main and CD library information together where the CDID codes match so that when editing or art work is changed, it happens to both sets of data. I am currently doing this somewhat crudely via a smartlst with the tracks between the two datas paired up and stay the same.

Your on line data base for the CD's could use some tiding up. there are a lot of duplicates or worse, poor workmanship. Etc. Some sites now have ways where registered users can compare the data base to the local one. make corrections, vote to remove useless or bad or extra ones. I hate to make submissions because without fail as soon as I do, I see errors right away.

PS: before we were discussing adding the ability of when switching play lists, when changing back MC will pick up where we left off. Most of my play lists now run for 10,000 to 40,000 tracks. I can not remember where I stopped at. And even if I could, finding that place is a long list is about impossible. This also applies when trying to use Gizmo.

PS: I must sound like some sort of malcontent. Sorry. If I can have some success learning to program on a PC I could tackle some the above myself. Some other systems no problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up