INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing cover art with new MC21....?  (Read 9017 times)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
Missing cover art with new MC21....?
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:33:56 am »

Hi,

After doing a clean install of Windows 10, and accidentally not backing up the users folder (containing the jriver backups & cover art), I have had to do a new fresh import of my media.
The problem is, a lot, and im talking approx 50% of my tv show cover art - mainly the posters, are now missing, and are now replaced with a generic poster, as shown in the attached file.

How do I go ahead with updating this cover art? I have tried importing a few times now.. with no luck.

Please help,
Thanks

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Missing cover art with new MC21....?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:35:14 am »

Oh and I upgraded at the same time as my clean install, from JRiver 19, to JRiver 21..

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:15:08 am »

Did you try selecting on of the shows and running "Get Movie & TV info"?

Another work around is to go "The TVDb" website and copy/download the Cover Art you want to the Cover Art>Series or Cover Art>Seasons folder. The key here is to be sure the name of jpg file matches the Series name exactly and for Seasons the file name would be "SeriesName - Season #"

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:46:42 am »

When you are showing the Series cover art, right click and select Cover Art > Get from internet .  That will bring up a dialog to select series and season cover art.  You can do this for many shows at once.

Brian.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 08:15:20 am »

I've never had this work properly in MC.

I've always had to manually download the correct images myself from say TVDB, name them appropriately, and dump them into the series and season cover art folders.  i now just rsync the folders over to my snapraid server so i don't have to go through this again.

For example, if I highlight a season and download it's cover art it replaces the coverart for the series too

manual was the only way to stop driving myself crazy :)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 08:59:53 am »

Thanks to everyone for your great and helpful replies.

I took everything into consideration, and after a few attempts, and trying Brians suggestion to choose Cover Art > Get From Internet, I realised I have a slight issue on my hands - it seems the TVDB is not picking up the cover art, and defaulting most of it to the (cover art with) the same guy with his thumbs up?

Please find my screenshot attached.. as I am stumped as to what to do about this particular issue :-S

& thx again for everyone's input so far :)

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 09:21:05 am »

I'm going to guess that these series somehow have the wrong value for TheTVDB Series ID.

For one of those series, try making that field empty.  Then do the lookup again and see what happens.

Brian.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 09:36:59 am »

Hi Brian,

How do I change the TVDB Series ID, may I ask?

thx

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 10:31:28 am »

^ As I understand it, the first time you do a lookup on a series and tell it "ok", it sets the series ID.

You can edit it manually of course.  Which includes deleting it, so you can start fresh.  In my brief experiments, deleting it allowed me to look up Cover Art for the Series and Season.

Brian.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:24 pm »

I ended up deleting all series ID, then the Cover Art > Get From Internet seemed to work for a while, but soon after if reverted back to the default, generic cover art.

So there seems to be a glitch with the cover art / series ID settings in MC21, unless someone can provide a different way to fix this issue.

I did not have this problem in MC 19/20, and I am hoping that the admins can have a look into this ?

I did pay for the upgrade to MC22 (and using MC21 currently), however I would actually rather reverting back to MC20, now that I am having this issue.

thx

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 05:07:37 am »

Your Cover Art search looks like it is looking for "TV: Fear The Walking Dead" which is not correct. It should be looing for "Fear The Walking Dead". Where did the "TV:" part come from? The search needs to be on the exact title name.

The Series is on The TVDb.com site http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=290853

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:10:46 am »

The TV is not part of the search, just a UI thing to identify it as a TV Series.
I would guess that you have something in your library thats causing the series ID to be overridden for some reason, I have plenty TV series and they all look up proper cover art in MC21.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 09:50:53 pm »

I just went through my appdata > roaming > jriver > cover art folder, and removed all the generic cover art with that annoying guy on it.
However, after doing an auto-import, they are all back!?
How could this be?

The cover art folder has once again got 50% generic duplicates in it..?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:45:30 pm »

Are you doing all this on a stand alone PC, a MC Server, or a MC Client?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:20 am »

A stand alone PC.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 07:58:24 am »

It was mentioned earlier - but I didn't see a response -
In Standard View>Video>Files if you add the column to show "The TVDb Series ID" (right click on column header and select from the drop down list), what do you see in that field (for the show "Fear The Walking Dead"? Is it showing ID "290853"? It may be that the wrong Series ID number is saved in that field.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

A stand alone PC.

That simplifies things then. The problem could only really be that the "TheTVDB Series ID" tag is wrong for the Series that have the incorrect Cover Art, as CountryBumkin suggests.

I know you said you deleted all values in that field though, as below, and MC worked for a while, then the bad Cover Art came back. That can happen in a Client/Server installation, but not in a Stand alone PC installation. At least I can't think of how it would.

I ended up deleting all series ID, then the Cover Art > Get From Internet seemed to work for a while, but soon after if reverted back to the default, generic cover art.

I assume that you are aware that "TheTVDB Series ID" tag is relational, which means that there can be only one value for each Series. So if you change the value on any Episode belonging to a Series, all Episodes get updated with the new "TheTVDB Series ID" tag. So if you are doing maintenance and change the Series name of some program so that it now matches another series name, and you change the  "TheTVDB Series ID" tag on the second file, all files belonging t the new Series name will be updated.

Could something like that be happening?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 02:08:13 am »

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy.
I have found the theTVDB Series ID under files,

and the ID for fear the walking dead is actually 281902, so im guessing its wrong.
Could you please tell me how I would go about changing the IDs for most (or all) of my TV shows? Is there a way of clearing it, and starting again? An option maybe?

Thx

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:53 am »

If you select just one file and do tv show search, you can select the correct show by hand if it is not recognized correctly. If I remember right then all the other series  with that same series name will change also to that new ID. Of course after that you have to do search for all files for that series which have wrong info for other fields.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 04:43:22 am »

Can you please be more specific? What actual search do I do?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 05:34:36 am »

Select one file of that series which have wrong ID then right click and select "Get Movie & TV Info" from the list. A Screen will the open where you can find/select correct show/episode for that file.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 05:50:41 am »

Just tried 3 separate series under tv shows, with generic cover art, following instructions. None of them worked :(

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 06:20:06 am »

That doesn't change series/season cover art but only SeriesID. After you got your SeriesId correct then you can do "Get from Internet" for the show and get the right series/season covers.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 06:40:55 am »

Thanks for your help, however,

I just tried the last 3 series with the guidelines you just told me, and when I go to choose my cover art from 'get from internet', the same, generic cover art re-appears ..:(...?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 07:14:07 am »

Maybe you could post some screenshots which shows tags for the episode/s you are trying to get images for. Meaningful tags are Series (,  Season, Episode, Media Sub Type) and TheTVDB Series ID

Did you choose correct show when doing "Get Movie & TV Show Info"? Did the TheTVDB Series ID change or is it still wrong?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 07:24:56 am »

In the screenshot you'll see that when i typed info by hand MC will give me a list and I selected which I though was correct (See the Series ID). If I apply the changes MC will change TVDB Series ID for all the episodes which has series tag set the same as in the episode you just retagged. You should check that your Series tag also have correct value ("Fear The Walking Dead" in this case)

blgentry

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 08:29:04 am »

I have found the theTVDB Series ID under files,

and the ID for fear the walking dead is actually 281902, so im guessing its wrong.

Ok, now we've got proof!  There's your "annoying guy":

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=281902&seasonid=586132&lid=7

Could you please tell me how I would go about changing the IDs for most (or all) of my TV shows? Is there a way of clearing it, and starting again?

You can easily erase the series ID for all, or some, of your TV shows, all at once.  You can select a few episodes, all episodes of one show, or all episodes of all shows.  Then open the tagging window (Edit > Tag).  In the window that appears on the left, you can edit values.  Find the tag for TheTVDB Series ID .  If it's not showing, pull down the gear icon menu (upper left) and show more tags.  Once you find it, you can change it, or erase it.  Just highlight it and either backspace to erase or type a new value.  I think erasing it, for some of your files as a test, is the way to go.

You'll probably end up erasing all of them just to get back to a "reset" state.

Good luck.

Brian.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 07:43:30 pm »

Haha ok fantastic!

So once I select all TV shows, then delete the TVDB ID from the tag box - which I just did, and its currently 'saving tag changes', do I do an import (to retrieve all the tags again), or something else?

Thanks!

blgentry

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 07:51:57 pm »

^ I'm not 100% sure what the procedure is.  Try with one Series or one Season as a test.  Try doing get cover art from Internet.  If that works, then it should work for more.  If it doesn't work correctly, then it probably needs a proper value in the TVDB ID field.  So, you would want to do "get move and tv info" first to populate the TVDB ID.  Then get cover art from internet.

Again, test with a small group.  Then do more.  Finally do a large batch.  My ability to provide specific technical details is currently impaired by... Merlot.  :)  I'll be able to give more specific advice tomorrow.

Good luck!

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 12:09:11 am »

So, you would want to do "get move and tv info" first to populate the TVDB ID.  Then get cover art from internet.

This is the correct sequence to follow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up