INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+  (Read 5397 times)

MCE Texan

JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »

I thought that I could configure JRiver Media Center on the QNAP TS-251+ in a similar fashion as I did with MC on my PC and movies in DVD folders on my existing NAS. 

JRiver Media Center import on QNAP TS-251+ does not recognize DVD folders with VOB files in them.  All I had to do in the Windows version was to navigate to the My Movies folder on my former NAS, and all of the DVD folders were successfully imported.  I could see the movies as thumbnails and play them. 

On the QNAP I cannot import my movies.  I'm following all of the instructions from QNAP.

Is it a JRiver problem, or a QNAP problem, or my lack of understanding.  I'm running out of time on my JRiver QNAP license and on the return policy with the QNAP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:04:55 am »

I thought that I could configure JRiver Media Center on the QNAP TS-251+ in a similar fashion as I did with MC on my PC and movies in DVD folders on my existing NAS. 

JRiver Media Center import on QNAP TS-251+ does not recognize DVD folders with VOB files in them.  All I had to do in the Windows version was to navigate to the My Movies folder on my former NAS, and all of the DVD folders were successfully imported.  I could see the movies as thumbnails and play them. 

On the QNAP I cannot import my movies.  I'm following all of the instructions from QNAP.

Is it a JRiver problem, or a QNAP problem, or my lack of understanding.  I'm running out of time on my JRiver QNAP license and on the return policy with the QNAP.

Only MC on Windows can handle VIDEO_TS folders as of this time.

MCE Texan

Re: JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+ (Reinstate trial)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:52:36 am »

Thanks for the response.  I have converted several of my DVD folders to MP4.  I would like to continue my trial with JRiver on QNAP and determine if I can import successfully these into MC QNAP and use this version of MC with Gizmo on my Kindle.  When MC on QNAP crashed, I reinstalled 21.0.83 and it said that my trial was over.  I was only 11 days into my trial.

How do I get the trial reinstated so that I can finish testing the functionality of JRiver MC on the QNAP?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+ (Reinstate trial)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:32 am »

Thanks for the response.  I have converted several of my DVD folders to MP4.  I would like to continue my trial with JRiver on QNAP and determine if I can import successfully these into MC QNAP and use this version of MC with Gizmo on my Kindle.  When MC on QNAP crashed, I reinstalled 21.0.83 and it said that my trial was over.  I was only 11 days into my trial.

How do I get the trial reinstated so that I can finish testing the functionality of JRiver MC on the QNAP?
I'm not sure why your trial would have lasted only 11 days.
There is a trial extension feature but it's not functional on linux yet.

Do you have a generic linux machine you could test on?

MCE Texan

Re: JRiver Media Center for QNAP TS-251+
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

The only Linux machine I have is the QNAP.  There's no other way I can check out MC on the QNAP.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, I removed and reinstalled MC on the QNAP after a crash that occurred when I was attempting to import my movie folders.  When I tried to run it again, even though my trial period was still valid, the only option I was presented was to enter a license number.

Is there something else that can be done?  I need to return the QNAP in 11 days if I can't successfully check out MC. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up