INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CTRL-J not working in ROHQ  (Read 14707 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
CTRL-J not working in ROHQ
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:54 pm »

On both of my MC installations: PC(FHD) and HTPC(4K) CTRL-J is not working anymore using ROHQ - have I missed something?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

jachin99

Re: CTRL-J not working in ROHQ
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

I have the same problem, and Ive seen this with JR version 21...89, and 90. 

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:57:15 pm »

Go into the madVR settings and make sure that Ctrl+J shortcut is still active (under madVR>"user interface"). If it is, try unchecking the box that says "use only if media player has keyboard focus"

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »

I've had this problem on two computers since I first installed madVR on them (MC16). I'm now on Windows 10 with both computers and still can't get it to work. The only solution is to use Ctrl+J when the madVR settings window is open and active.

LeoB

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:28:12 pm »

I have this problem even when MadVR window is active. The only solution for me is to open some other program and bring its window in focus. Only then CTRL+J works.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:07 pm »

I'm seeing this problem on my MC Client running ROHQ as well. It is a recent issue, as I used it not long ago, so probably is just 89 and 90.

I can't get Ctrl-J to show the diagnostics at all, no matter what I try.

EDIT: Oh. I forgot to mention I upgraded to Windows 10 before noticing this as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RD James

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 07:50:53 pm »

I seem to remember it being something to do with setting up a media center remote to work with JRiver.
Something to do with the way they hook it prevents madVR from capturing the keys.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 07:51:47 pm »

MC uses the ctrl-J hotkey to check for updates.  This has been the case for years.

jachin99

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 08:12:42 pm »

Can we just change the mc hotkeys and fix it

stewart_pk

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 09:19:11 pm »

The only way I've got it working is by removing the Remote Control feature.

Options ---> General ---> Features ---> Remote Control

And then it can be switched on.

Hopefully this is just a temporary work around until the problem is fixed properly.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

MC uses the ctrl-J hotkey to check for updates.  This has been the case for years.

But not when a video is running under madVR, in full screen Display View or in the Action Window in Standard View. I couldn't test in a Detached Display, as that also doesn't seem to be working. Ctrl-6 just takes me from Standard View to full screen Display View.

That's wrong. Something is broken.

That works on my workstation PC playing a local video with a local Library. I'm not going to disable the Remote on my HTPC to test that one.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Manfred

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 01:02:32 am »

For me, if playing a video, CTRL-J has worked since I used ROHQ. I never used it for updating JRIver. 1-2 weeks ago everything was fine. I agree with the others that something has broken in the latest releases.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Manfred

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 01:05:16 am »

On my PC

Options ---> General ---> Features ---> Remote Control (disable it)

This fixes the problem on my PC. On the HTPC I will test it in the late evening.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 09:07:31 am »

Quote from: Stewart_pk

Hopefully this is just a temporary work around until the problem is fixed properly.
That worked for me! Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »

Is everyone who is seeing this problem also using Windows 10?  Anyone not?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »

I'm using windows 10, but am not seeing the problem, although I have had it intermittently in the past.  When I used to get it, a full remove and reinstall of MC would usually fix it suggesting that something got borked somewhere.

RD James

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »

Is everyone who is seeing this problem also using Windows 10?  Anyone not?
Happens on Windows 8 too.
But it only occurs after you go through the remote setup process in JRiver. (even if you cancel out of it, if I recall correctly)
On a fresh install, CTRL+J works.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 10:19:37 pm »

Is everyone who is seeing this problem also using Windows 10?  Anyone not?

Windows  7 Ultimate SP1 on my HTPC MC Server. Windows 10 on my workstation MC Client.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 10:24:02 pm »

And are you using MC's Red October HQ?  Have you made custom settings in madVR?

stewart_pk

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 10:43:59 pm »

Yes and yes.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

Yes and no, I think.

I tested with RO HQ naturally, as that is the only way to use madVR. I believe that I was using default RO HQ settings, as I had deleted madVR and had MC reinstall it since last tweaking settings. Just to be sure I ran the batch file "restore default settings.bat" from "C:\Users\[User ID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\madvr" to reset the madVR settings to default.

With the Remote feature turned on in the HTPC and my workstation, Ctrl-J still didn't work.

However, the HTPC now crashed when madVR switched to Exclusive mode three seconds after starting to play a video. I could only play a video successfully with "Enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode" turned off in "madVR>rendering>general settings". So I guess I didn't have completely default settings.

Similarly, my workstation now showed a flicker (momentary black screen) on switching from Exclusive Mode to Windowed Mode, when I moved my mouse to the top of the screen to display the navigation controls when a video was playing. I didn't have that before so I must have had Exclusive Mode turned off on the workstation as well.

So in summary, Ctrl-J still didn't work with default settings for madVR except for turning off Exclusive Mode, on either the Win7 MC Server or the Win10 MC Client.

Manfred

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 01:23:21 am »

On both of my PC and HTPC it works with

Options ---> General ---> Features ---> Remote Control (disable it)

I have Win10. I have disabled Windows fullscreen exclusive mode (problems in the past) and have enabled Direct D11 for presentation.

jachin99

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 09:12:24 am »

Is there another way to view the statistics without using the hotkey

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 10:43:43 pm »

So I have now upgraded to a madVR capable GPU on my HTPC, and I'm playing with madVR settings to see what I can achieve. This problem showed its head again.

I can get Ctrl-J to work by doing all of the following:

1. Uncheck the "use only if media player has keyboard focus" box in the madVR User Interface>Keyboard shortcuts.
2. When a video is playing, and you want to see the madVR "Debug OSD", open the madVR settings window (Right-click > DirectShow Filters > madVR). Highlight a menu heading if necessary. See Note 1 below.
3. Now press Ctrl-J.
4. If desired, close the madVR settings. It will have to be opened again to use Ctrl-J to close the "Debug OSD".

Note 1. I saw a couple of cases where Ctrl-J wouldn't work when an editable field was highlighted in the madVR settings. If it happens, just click on a menu heading in the madVR settings. Make sure the madVR setting dialogue is in focus.
Note 2. Also, I am using madVR in Windowed mode. i.e. Automatic Full Screen Exclusive Mode isn't selected.

The above solution still allows the MC Ctrl-J "Check for updates" keyboard shortcut to work. I guess requiring the madVR settings to be open before this works could have been by design, so as not to interfere with the MC function. There has been quite some discussion about that issue.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:34 pm »

tyler69

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 06:36:30 am »

i do not know how updated this wiki article is, so maybe adding a link to the doom9 forum would be benefitial for users that want to have an up to date explanation:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1709584#post1709584

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »

Thanks for that. The main content of the Wiki is three and a half years old, with the last update over two years ago. So it does need a refresh. Not my area of expertise.

I just added the Ctrl+J bit because I needed to use it, and forgotten the trick. I had to search to find my own post on the solution!

yogibee

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 06:32:55 pm »

So I have now upgraded to a madVR capable GPU on my HTPC, and I'm playing with madVR settings to see what I can achieve. This problem showed its head again.

I can get Ctrl-J to work by doing all of the following:

1. Uncheck the "use only if media player has keyboard focus" box in the madVR User Interface>Keyboard shortcuts.
2. When a video is playing, and you want to see the madVR "Debug OSD", open the madVR settings window (Right-click > DirectShow Filters > madVR). Highlight a menu heading if necessary. See Note 1 below.
3. Now press Ctrl-J.
4. If desired, close the madVR settings. It will have to be opened again to use Ctrl-J to close the "Debug OSD".

Note 1. I saw a couple of cases where Ctrl-J wouldn't work when an editable field was highlighted in the madVR settings. If it happens, just click on a menu heading in the madVR settings. Make sure the madVR setting dialogue is in focus.
Note 2. Also, I am using madVR in Windowed mode. i.e. Automatic Full Screen Exclusive Mode isn't selected.

The above solution still allows the MC Ctrl-J "Check for updates" keyboard shortcut to work. I guess requiring the madVR settings to be open before this works could have been by design, so as not to interfere with the MC function. There has been quite some discussion about that issue.

Thanks! On v24 and this thread is still very relevant! Thanks for the workaround, hoping they come up with a solution to this soon.

Edit - just wanted to share that in my case Flirc was the reason the hotkey isn't working, might help someone else using flirc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up