INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I run JRiver on my Synology with Docker  (Read 5373 times)

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
I run JRiver on my Synology with Docker
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:13:31 am »

Hello,

I was waiting for longtime and the dream becomes true because of Docker!
So thanks to Docker and thanks to Flyingsparks who built the first public image for JRiver. It helped me to start with my own project.

So I made a lot of tests and today I am running JRiver on my Synology in a container based on my own JRiver image (Jessie and MC 21.0.88).
I use it as a headless server, it's stable and supports DLNA as controller and server but not renderer because I still don't know how to mount my sound card in a container.
I can make it available in Docker hub to share if anyone is interested.

By testing a lot I had to register my master licence several times and I reached the max activation for the year. Is there a way to reset it?

Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I run JRiver on my Synology with Docker
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:20:43 am »

I posted some links in https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99402.msg703179#msg703179 that talk about how to expose an audio device to a container. I'm not familiar with synology but perhaps this will give you some pointers on how to proceed.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: I run JRiver on my Synology with Docker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 03:31:09 pm »

I posted some links in https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99402.msg703179#msg703179 that talk about how to expose an audio device to a container. I'm not familiar with synology but perhaps this will give you some pointers on how to proceed.

Thank you for the links

After some attempts I found out it can't be accomplished because of a limitation in DSM
I can't mount a volume from the host file system. Only a shared folder can be mount to the container.

-v /dev/snd:/dev/snd doesn't work. it's replaced in docker by /dev:/dev/snd

Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610
Pages: [1]   Go Up