INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Individual channel level object available?  (Read 9895 times)

FranknKansas

• Recent member
Individual channel level object available?
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:20:27 pm »

I would like to build a plugin that will display individual channel levels graphically.  Individual instantaneous channel levels are displayed in text on the DSP's Analyzer.

Is there a way to read those levels from a script?

I know I can grab the volume level, balance, and mute status, but I haven't found anything regarding individual channel levels, nor have I found any plug-ins that do this.

Thanks.

FranknKansas

• Recent member
Re: Individual channel level object available?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:34:46 am »

So unfortunately, it seems individual instantaneous channel levels are not available for use in scripts.

Having that capability would have led to some informative scripts and interesting visualizations.

The SDK's /visData looks as though it should contain the channel information, but individual channel data is not obvious.  Does "Analyzer" get its input from /visData?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 06:41:14 am »

I'm not sure I'm on the same page here, but if you add an Oscilloscope type to Visualization Studio, you can pick the channel between Center, Left, and Right.

Does that help?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

FranknKansas

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 08:42:08 am »

Thanks for the reply Matt,

The bottom line is that I was wanting to access the data that is used as a source for the level display text in the DSP's 'Analyzer'.  in the Analyzer, each channel's level is displayed dynamically.  But I have found no way to access the source of that information from a script like the Analyzer is able to do.

I was hoping to build a small bar graph that would display each channel and display the level of each channel graphically as a single bar in real time. 

For example, there might be 8 vertical bars - one for each channel, that would size its height based on the level of that channel.  Perhaps each bar would be 1/8" wide, maybe 1/4" wide.  Maybe change colors from green at the lower part, changing to red as it reached a high level.

It would be a way to quickly see how many channels were active at any one time and what each of their levels was in a graphical format.

Does that explain what i was looking for Matt?
Pages: [1]   Go Up