INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scrambled Track Numbers  (Read 9511 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
Scrambled Track Numbers
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »

I have imported a large number of new album folders into JRMC20.

When I inspect the TRACK #, invariably the order is scrambled.  I spent a considerable amount of time SORTING INSIDE GROUPS BY TRACK #.

I then did a LIBRARY BACKUP.

When I check the album folders after doing this, the track numbers are again scrambled.  Have not checked all 800, but it appears that even albums that were previously OK are now scrambled!

What am I missing?  Do I need to BACKUP LIBRARY, EXIT and then reopen MC to have the changes remain in place for the albums one at a time?

Not sure what SORT ALL FILES BY TRACK # does since it says "removes grouping temporarily".

Thanks for any assist.

Is there some way to order TRACK # INSIDE GROUP but for all folders/albums in the library?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Scrambled Track Numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 02:49:25 pm »

Track # sorting is the default.  Maybe you have shuffle on.  It's one of the buttons in the upper right corner.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:06 pm »

It sounds like you're using a Panes view.  You want to use the "sort inside groups by" menu item to sort the way you want.  What you probably want is actually the Default setting which sorts by Disk # then Track #, within each album.  I'm guessing that this setting is now set on something like "Name" which would sort alphabetically within each album.  Just a guess.

I'm attaching a screen shot showing how to get to that menu and showing "default" selected.

Good luck!

Brian.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:10 am »

It sounds like you're using a Panes view.  You want to use the "sort inside groups by" menu item to sort the way you want.  What you probably want is actually the Default setting which sorts by Disk # then Track #, within each album.  I'm guessing that this setting is now set on something like "Name" which would sort alphabetically within each album.  Just a guess.

I'm attaching a screen shot showing how to get to that menu and showing "default" selected.

Good luck!

Brian.

Thanks, Brian and JimH. 

Shuffle NOT ON.

To be honest, I have never seen the screen in your screenshot!?

When I open JRMC20, the top line of my screen shows:  File  Edit  View  Player  Tools  Help  PrintList

The left hand margin shows:  Playing Now  Audio  Performer  Etc...displayed vertically.  I normally have it Audio selected for playback which shows album artwork on right portion of screen.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:06:31 am »

When you double click on album artwork, you get a list of files down below in a sub-window right?  That's where you're clicking track #?  At the top of that subwindow, you'll see a title with a little down arrow.  Probably the name of the album will be the title.  Just click on that to get the same menu from my screen shot.  Do "Sort inside groups by > Default".  That should fix it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up