INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a REX X question  (Read 1448 times)

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
a REX X question
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:25:24 pm »

Hey Guys, Sorry if this has been covered, I can't find an answer.  I have several thousand mp3 files and have put most of them in "storage" outside my laptop.  I recently thought it would be fun to import everything and have it in MC9 and then I could put different songs on my IPOD.  The result was triplicates of of most file titles, one with a red X, one that's inaccessable, and one that works, from the laptop.  Any idea why the extra (from the storage) non red one won't work?  And my main question is: how do I weed out all the other stuff, and go back to what's on my laptop?  THanks, CMB

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: a REX X question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:33:29 pm »

Try File>Library>Update Library. If none of the available options under that work, Clear Library (or restore if you backed up - would be much better) and Import Media. The last option is if nothing else works. If you have great gobs of songs, it may take a while. BACKUP YOUR LIBRARY.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 05:40:54 pm »

Whenever I read "backup files" in MC9, I don't understand... Of course they're backed up---they're in my music on my laptop.  Or are you saying I don't need a separate MY Music file?  MC9 becomes the storage also?  CMB

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:21:08 pm »

The library is a database that contains file information such as path, filename, tag info, and data not contained within the files themselves (such as rating and number of times played). The library actually consists of a collection of files (*.jmd). Your media files are not contained within it. Backing up your library insures you won't lose your playlists and smartlists, plus all the extra information that (once again) is not contained in your media. Backing up your media files insures that your library won't become useless, and more importantly, that you won't have to spend countless months re-acquiring everything you had before.

10-27

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 10:06:29 pm »

If it's just an odd file that won't play it's probably a problem with the MP3 plugin.  I had that and advised Matt.  He's fixed it in the next build.  Look out for this in the next beta:
History Entry: Fixed: MP3 plugin could crash during playback of layer 2
files in some cases

nila

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 12:17:07 am »

Chris - do they all have the same filename??
Pages: [1]   Go Up