INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG Problems  (Read 2923 times)

crashbangouch

• Recent member
EPG Problems
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:23:59 pm »

Hi

I am based in the UK, using MC21 and a DVB-T card to watch TV on my PC (WIN 10). This service was working fine until sometime last week.

I have run setup again using the GUI and it is able to find TV channels during the scan however when it tries to setup the EPG using the Microsoft service (or Microsoft Legacy) it fails with the following error message.

"the program guide is not valid or does not contain any program information for channels in your channel list"

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: EPG Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:49:32 pm »

It could be an EPG server issue.  When you run it in GUI mode, it should have asked you to choose your country, enter your postal code, and select which lineup you use.  Did you enter those correctly?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

crashbangouch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »

Hi

Yep double checked, the post code correct service prouder are correct.

I have also tried generating the xmltv.xml file and then reconfiguring the EPG to use that. Unfortunately it still isn't working.

Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:06:20 pm »

If it has been working until recent days, it most likely is a problem with the server.  There is nothing that can be done except to wait for a few days.  I have seen Rovi server not updating for a few days, then updating again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 05:39:14 pm »

Indeed it seems that the Rovi UK EPG data has gone missing again: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=108582#p108582
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crashbangouch

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:17 am »

Hi

Tried loading the EPG data again today. Seems to be working now.

Thanks for your help

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up