INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Center/Sub switched youtube only  (Read 1693 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Center/Sub switched youtube only
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:46:53 pm »

I use the wdm driver for everything and it generally works great. However, on youtube all the dialog comes out of the sub. I don't have a hardware lowpass filter on the sub. I know of the setting to switch center and sub, but why would it be different in youtube from every other source?

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Re: Center/Sub switched youtube only
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 07:43:01 pm »

So, after some more testing, it is the "detect stereo sources in surround (pseudo-surround)" option. Checking that box causes stereo youtube videos to play dialogue through the sub. Has anyone else seen this? How is this option supposed to work? As far as I can tell, it just started doing this.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Re: Center/Sub switched youtube only
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:53 pm »

I unchecked the detect stereo sources option and now on youtube my subwoofer is coming in and out. Probably unrelated to the setting but it even sounds like it's clicking when it's going out. I'd say my amp is toast but I tried some bass heavy bluray clips and the sub shakes the house without flinching. Music plays perfectly too. I haven't tested this newfound issue in netflix or other streaming yet but some very bad things are happening to my sound system on youtube right now and I don't understand it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up