INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you use the JRiver Media software with the Ponoplayer?  (Read 4520 times)

Dark Nightengale

Can you use the JRiver Media software with the Ponoplayer?
« on: July 24, 2016, 03:24:14 pm »

Hi,

I would know if I can use the JRiver Media' software with my ponoplayer for sync library or update his software? Or do I need use Pono Music World with my ponoplayer?

Thank you.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can you use the JRiver Media software with the Ponoplayer?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:06 pm »

MC will happily sync to a Pono in it's Devices and Drives area.  Plug in the Pono and it gets recognized right away.

However, MC won't do two things to the Pono:

1.  Update the Pono firmware.
2.  Create and maintain Pono Revealer tracks.

For those two, you need Pono Music World.  You can run MC and PMW on the same computer with no problems.  So you can use PMW to do firmware and Revealer.  Then use MC for syncing.

Brian.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:11:39 pm »

You also need Pono Music World to download music you may purchase from the Pono Music Store.

Dark Nightengale

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »

Hi,

Okay, thank you. It's what I wanted know. I was not sure about the firmware update and the pono revealer function. However, why Pono did not just used the JRiver media software instead to have their own software? Of my point of view, it's more simple to add 3 more functions (firmware update, revealer & Music store) at JRiver Media player that build their own software.

Regardless, thank again.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 05:43:51 pm »

Because Pono Music World, which was written by JRiver under contract to Pono, is free.  So they made something that's not quite as good as JRiver MC for the free version that works with Pono.

They certainly *could* add all of the Pono features to MC, but there probably aren't a whole lot of people that use Pono with the full paid version of MC.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up