INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remotes that allow viewing music by Disk Location  (Read 1746 times)

ctownj30

Remotes that allow viewing music by Disk Location
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

I'm transitioning from Squeezebox to JRiver and have built a headless, fanless PC as my player.

I've been suprised to find that none of the remotes (for either Android or HTTP/web) seem to allow browsing my music collection by Disk Location (Folder View).

Big problem for me as much of my (very large) collection is un-tagged, nor do I care to tag it as I'm very comfortable with its folder layout.

Is there anything out there (preferably an Android app, but a web interface could also work) that will let me use Disk Location?

This could be a show stopper for me.  I've found I can use a UPnP player using JRiver as both the Library and the Renderer but this seems clunky.

Any advice?

-djm

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remotes that allow viewing music by Disk Location
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:03 am »

JRemote and other remotes get their views from MC.  Look at:  Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > customize views for jremote .

You can define new views there, or add in views that are already in standard view.  So, make a disk location view and then put it into JRemote's views.  Stop and start MC.  Stop and start your remote.  Now you should see your new view, organized by disk location.

Brian.

ctownj30

Re: Remotes that allow viewing music by Disk Location
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:06:16 am »

This sounds perfect, thanks!  Will try it out tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up