INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bistreaming with Linux Mint Rafaela  (Read 4223 times)

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Bistreaming with Linux Mint Rafaela
« on: August 01, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »

Trying to get this working with both MC 21 and 22, running an Ifi IDAC 2. Works fine with Windows but I can't seem to get bitstreaming to work with Linux; have tried 20, 21 and 22 and did clean installs. Just figured I'd check in here to see if anyone else has run into this. What happens is that when I set Bistreaming to DSD, it looks like DSD files are playing play but there is no sound. Files are streamed as PCM if I set bitstreaming back to "none", and music plays.

Thought it might be an issue with the idac firmware but when i connected it to my windoze laptop it worked fine, and I get the blue led on the DAC indicating that it's receiving native DSD.  Can install Debian of course but I don't know my way around it at all, and with the exception of this one issue my Mint machine is working great, so...

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Bistreaming with Linux Mint Rafaela
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:35 am »

Update: Got it to work using iec958:card=audiodop2, DEV=0[ALSA] as the output device. Got the blue DSD LED lit on the DAC.  Would love to see some documentation on the list of output devices for us Unix newbies...(understanding of course that this is not a JRIver issue, am just asking....)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bistreaming with Linux Mint Rafaela
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:11:03 pm »

Update: Got it to work using iec958:card=audiodop2, DEV=0[ALSA] as the output device. Got the blue DSD LED lit on the DAC.  Would love to see some documentation on the list of output devices for us Unix newbies...(understanding of course that this is not a JRIver issue, am just asking....)
Those device names are the hints ALSA gives back when we ask for all audio devices.
In general you want to use hardware devices like
front:
for internal audio
hdmi:
for hdmi audio
iec958:
for digital output devices (spdif, etc)
The usb devices are all over the place with their naming...
Pages: [1]   Go Up