INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist question  (Read 1255 times)

gaftalik

• nothing more to say...
Smartlist question
« on: August 04, 2003, 12:38:55 pm »

Hi,  
I am a media center user for a public place, i am trying to create a smartlist of about 500 songs or more which shall play daily randomly for about 16 hrs (scheduled task) at a condition that each day when starting up it shall play different songs than the day before until it plays all the 500 songs in 4 or 5 days then to restart from the begining and so on ...
Does any one knows the rules for such a need ??

I appreciate receiving anyone's help .Thank you very much .

jleerigby

Re: What's the formula
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 12:47:03 pm »

Set up a playlist with the following:

[Last Played]=<7200

That will include all tracks played within the last 7200 minutes (5 days).  Then use the playback filter to exclude all tracks in that playlist.

jleerigby

Re: Who knows the needed rule ?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 12:49:53 pm »

Oh and if you want to select 16 hours of music at random check out the auto smartlist (music) caled 'Random--one hour'.  That'll give you a clue as to the formula.  On the other hand you could just play the whole library and switch it off when done 'cos the above exclusion will do the important bit.

nila

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 02:27:53 pm »

Or you could do it the oposite way.

When you make the smartlist of music just include as part of the search criteria:   [Last Played]=>7200

That way it will ONLY include songs that haven't been played in the last two days, no need to filter anything.

Or if you want the 500 songs to be ones you chose manually then just put them all into a playlist of your choice and for the smartlist just set it up to include the playlist files but exclude the lastplayed part.

Doing it this way has the advantage that you wont forget that you have a playlist filter on and wonder why its not playing some songs.

However using the filter means you could easily send any playlist to it and it'd just exlude recently played songs from EVERYTHING you try to play - if this is what you want then it's perfect.

Smartlist = good for specific setting of what to exclude with what bunch of songs
Filter = good to apply to EVERYTHING played

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 02:33:54 pm »

Take all the rules you get until now.
Add :'[SEGA} _= [Fredo] ^^ small (*& cup ]
And MC will make expresso to all people listening to your music.
'Ad milk 'may be a feature in MC10,..98

nila

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 02:40:37 pm »

Z - while your taking orders - I want a hot chocolate, whiped cream, chocolate sprinkles and cinamon powder.

Make that a grande!

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 03:37:44 pm »

Nila
You are in London..
So i would like a tuna toast with english coffee with milk in one of the 'new' west London coffee shop.
If you are free ,let's have an english tea in Broadway [?]this week-end -- with scones ,of cause-
I have - since years-a Love/hate relation with England and english people..as a french born.
But ,if i have to left Israel next week to Paris or London.

I will go to London.
This i do not have to think about  for even one minute.

But to have MC 9 ,0987654321 to be able to make a coffee or chocolat  is just normal hoppe...
I HATE cinamon.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up