INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing new skins  (Read 6957 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Installing new skins
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:03:02 am »

Hi,

maybe I'm too dumb for that, but: where and how exactly do I install new skins?

A while ago I followed some links from the forum and downloaded two skins, FusionX2 and FusionX4 and now I wanted to add them to MediaCenter 20. I know about the Skin folder in the Application Support folder of my Library, but first there are some sub folders and second the FusionX2 and Fusion X4 folders have subfolders too, which don't match the folder structure of the skin folder of my Library folder. Plus: Do I need to restart MediaCenter after adding the files or does MC sees them anyway. And is it enough to restart MC only or do I have to quit Media Server too?

Unfortunatelly the Wiki has nothing to say about that.

Thanks for sharing!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Installing new skins
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:44 am »

First, make sure you're using the latest MC20.  Earlier versions of MC20 didn't support skins directly; you had to do some hacks.

Second, yes, you put them into the Application Support/Media Center 20/Skins/Standard View/ folder.  The skins you downloaded will have a mirrored directory structure that has a skins/Standard View/ folder inside.  You may also have custom resources, images, web pages and that kind of thing.  They *can* go in the Data directory (in subdirectories as named), but they are optional.  It's weird because those Resource things are global:  They apply to all skins.  So you can't really switch them on the fly.

Skins are picked up while MC is running.  As soon as you install them and go to the View > Skin menu, you should see them; no restart required.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up