INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Features in MC22  (Read 51031 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
New Features in MC22
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:20:29 am »

Here are some of the new MC22 features at this time:

Single Frame Video Playback

Open Subtitles Lookup

Listening Test

Theater View for Mac and Linux

Theater View Lighting -- You can control lighting from Theater View.

View Extras -- A right click menu that lets you see other files you have associated with your audio or video file.  Artist images or album booklet, for example.

SoX Resampler -- When you need to upsample or downsample, you have a new choice of methods.

Panel -- A web application that integrates setup and control of JRiver.  Can be used from any web browser.  Integrates MC with Engen lighting control.

Load files to memory at the start of playback (optional)

More
Plans for MC22 -- a road map.

NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateField to create a library field with a given name and data type.
NEW: When files have sidecar images, PDF files, or documents, they'll be shown in a "View Extras" submenu to open each individual file.
NEW: Added the MCWS function Library/CreateFile to create a file record and return the new ID.
NEW: Added a "Reset OSD text color to skin setting" option in "Tree & View" > "Advanced", where the customer OSD text color option was added in build 18.
NEW: Made an option "Show more values at a time in the file info panel" for Theater View.
NEW: Added three new skins: Modern Cards: Dark, Modern Cards: Grey, and Modern Cards: White.
NEW: Text color can be configured for Text-based video subtitles that do not have their own styling info.
NEW: OSD text color can be configured.
NEW: The DLNA server Audio Advanced DSP studio is active for all functions including sample rate changes.
NEW: Shell extensions now offer "Add (as next to play)".
NEW: A new database field "Thumbnail position" (in milliseconds) for video files, so that the thumbnails for individual files can be recaptured at specified locations.
NEW: Added "Options > Audio > Load files to memory at the start of playback" to totally load a file into memory when playback
NEW: Context menu "Audio Programs" to select a different audio program on the same DVB(this already exists for ATSC) TV
NEW: Settings pages in Panel for Windows.
NEW: Right-click Car Radio buttons to link to an existing playlist.
NEW: Holding shift while setting the volume of a linked zone will set the volume for all the zones.
NEW: "Panel" which is a new web interface.  Take a look at http://localhost:52199 (or whatever port you have configured in 'Media Networking').
NEW: When exporting all the playlists, it now asks for a format (m3u or m3u8).
NEW: The function MCWS/v1/Library/Import has a new parameter "Block" to tell the function to wait until the import finishes to return.
NEW: Added a confirmation message to entering audio only mode to confirm that you really wanted to do that.
NEW: When playing a file that has no cover art, the cover art will be automatically downloaded from the internet.
NEW: Single albums are detected and the album type field will show "Single album".
NEW: Preliminary support of HD television channels that use H.265/HEVC video encoding.
NEW: Fields can be configured as "Linkable" so that they'll show the little link icon next to them.
NEW: You can analyze the audio when doing the import of a single folder.

warwickallen245

• Recent member
Re: New Features in MC22
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:48:52 am »

Hi
I've Just Installed and activated MC22 and mc crashed a few times.
I'm also wondering if Offline help can be included in the installer again as it's disappointing the an important feature requires an internet connection to use it.

Thanks
Warwick Allen
Australia

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:13:38 pm »

We've just started development of JRiver Media Center 22.  Here are the new features at this time:

NEW: When exporting all the playlists, it now asks for a format (m3u or m3u8).

Nice feature. Is it possible to have the same options that currently apply to single playlist export apply to several (or all)? Right now when selecting more than one list the only right-click option is delete. I typically use MPL with relative path since they are used on different machines.

It would also be nice if the "Store paths relative..." checkbox was persistent.....

Thank you.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »

Still hoping for custom slideshows in theater view using locally stored pics ...

(nudge nudge)

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »

Looking for updates to play doctor soon. Thanks

jachin99

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

Still hoping for custom slideshows in theater view using locally stored pics ...

(nudge nudge)

You can do this to an extent already by replacing the existing pictures with pics of your choice in the same folder.  I even had the metro skin playing custom matrix animation in the background. 

With that being said, I still think theater view need to move quite a ways in terms of customization.  If you want more details on how to make your slideshow, start a new post or send me a message. 

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 09:47:27 pm »

What folder would that be?

jose_mayorga

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »

I have a JRiver server running at home, is version 21.

Now I've installed 22, and after installation I've realized that I have two versions of JRiver installed in the computer: 21 an 22. 

The server is still working in my local network, żis it 22 or 21?, how can I figure out?

If I uninstall 21, will the server disappear ?

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 06:04:21 pm »

Check what you have set in Tools > Options > Startup.  Check both versions.

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:08:21 am »

NEW: The DLNA server Audio Advanced DSP studio is active for all functions including sample rate changes.

Does this mean the 22 supports server side conversion from PCM to DSD?

sharok

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 01:55:55 am »

Please forgive me if my questions have been asked / answered before but I'd like to know if I can play music with sound spectrum visualizations (Aeon, GForce) in MC22 and send both audio and video to my Oppo using DLNA?

Is that possible?

Thanks

BorderCollie

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 09:59:15 pm »

Dear Sir:

Regarding your statement that a new feature of MC22 is:

NEW: Added "Options > Audio > Load files to memory at the start of playback" to totally load a file into memory when playback

I understand from VideoHelp Forum, which provides version history for Media Center, that with v. 22.0.11 (2016-07-20), MC's new feature "works with APE, FLAC, MP3 -- others to follow." The history also states that with v. 22.0.12 (2016-07-21), "Changed: Made the WAV and AIFF plugin support the memory playback added last build." Would you kindly clarify that statement. In particular, does it mean that loading files to memory at the start of playback applies as of 2016-07-21 to WAV and AIFF files as well as APE, FLAC, and MP3?

If the feature does not yet support loading WAV files to memory at the start of playback, does JRiver plan to provide such support in the future and, if so, does JRiver have an estimated date by when such support will be available? All of my files are in WAV and AIFF resulting in duplicate formats and I would prefer not to increase my storage requirements by adding FLAC or other compressed (lossless) formats.

My apologies if my question has already been answered in this forum. I could not find an answer by perusing FAQ or the forum. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

BorderCollie

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »

Is 22.0.32 the latest point release?  If not, how I do get the latest?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »

Is 22.0.32 the latest point release?  If not, how I do get the latest?

Thanks!
Here's how:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

BorderCollie

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 03:51:45 am »

Dear Sir:

Pardon me, but would you kindly respond to my inquiry in Reply #11 (January 06, 2017, 09:59:15 pm). I wish to know if Media Center now supports playing from memory of WAV and AIFF files and, if not, does JRiver plan to incorporate such support and, if so, does JRiver have an expected date for such incorporation?

If anyone else knows whether Media Center supports playing from memory of WAV and AIFF files, would you kindly let me know.

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 06:08:35 am »

Yes, it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up