INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change the Sequence order of a 1000 song Playlist  (Read 4319 times)

cberry1010

• Junior Woodchuck
Change the Sequence order of a 1000 song Playlist
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »

I have an Audio Playlist with over 1000 songs out of proper Sequence.  I have an external spreadsheet with all of the songs in the proper order.  Any ideas as to an "easy" way to get the MC Playlist in the proper order would be greatly appreciated.  Drag and Drop over multiple pages is way problematical.  Thanks for any help.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Change the Sequence order of a 1000 song Playlist
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »

I haven't used MC19, as it's before my time.  Does it have the import playlist function?

If your spreadsheet has full filenames, just save it as text and then import it as a playlist.  If your spreadsheet doesn't have full path names, it's probably going to be a little harder.

Brian.

cberry1010

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »

Thanks blgentry for your quick response!

Yes, MC19 does have the Import Playlist function. 

Unfortunately, my spreadsheet does not contain the full filenames.

You have given me an idea.  If I Export the existing Playlist and, import the data into a new spreadsheet, then sort to get the two spreadsheets in the same order, then copy and paste the filenames into the original spreadsheet, then resort back to the proper order, I would have a spreadsheet with filenames in correct order!  Sorry for the long sentance; I was thinking as I was typing.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:43 pm »

That sounds like it might be worth a shot.

As a side note, if these are sorted by album or artist, or both, you can do that in MC too.  Just click on the columns to sort.  Then press "update order" to renumber the playlist in the order displayed.

Brian.

cberry1010

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:35:59 pm »

OK, thanks for your help.  I'm going to try my idea (not too sure exactly how to do the export/import/import).  The proper order is not by Artist or Album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up