INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: "Swag of Tools" : Collection of Utilities for MC  (Read 98789 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Swag of Tools" : Collection of Utilities for MC
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2022, 03:40:48 am »

I used the above settings, and it worked for all LOTR discs plus other BDUHDs.
However, it didn't work for the mkvs, for which the best solution was 400 secs by removing all the other ticks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #601 on: January 06, 2022, 04:26:46 am »

Interesting.  I mainly have BD (FHD / UHD) and few MKV's to test on.  Are you suggesting that:
- BD UHD: 0.1:16:2 works well (as I have found)
- MKV: Default (eg blank or 24:16:2) well
- BD FHD: ??

Are the MKV's FHD, or UHD?

The reason I'm asking is I could use the resolution info in MC to determine what settings to use, eg:
- IF =>UHD --> 0.1:16:2
- If <UHD --> Default (24:16:2)
JRiver CEO Elect

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #602 on: January 06, 2022, 05:02:57 am »

- BD UHD: 0.1:16:2 works well
- BD FHD: 0.1:16:2 and default works well
- MKV BD or BDUHD: In general, both solutions are good. But every now and then there is 1 file that is not read well.
For example, a TV series about 10 1/2 episodes are badly read

(Of course I did some sample tests)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #603 on: January 06, 2022, 05:08:37 am »

These values would depend on the bitdepth, not the resolution. Thats because on 8-bit you have video black on 16, on 10-bit its on 64.
Hence using a decimal could work fine, as it gets multiplied by the depth - eg. 0.1 on 8-bit is 255 * 0.1 = 26 (post-rounding), or on 10-bit its 1023 * 0.1 = 102 - both being pretty much identical for their bitdepth.

The default value is actually 24.0/255.0 = 0.094, so if you don't specify anything at all, it would work fine on all bitdepths. Only if you specify a value > 1.0 you are locking yourself into a certain bitdepth, and that should be avoided. So 0.1 would be fine for all resolutions and bitdepths.

The real trouble starts when you are dealing with SDR vs HDR, because while SDR 0.1 is pretty dark, on HDR its quite a different beast.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #604 on: January 06, 2022, 02:25:59 pm »

Thanks Hendrick for the explanation, and Lello for testing. 

Look like 0.1 is the way to go.   FYI - This value worked pretty well over my HDR UHD (only 1 or 2% look wrong).

I'll the the option in to change it as desired for now.  Note: SOT will remember what you enter for subsequent runs.
JRiver CEO Elect

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #605 on: January 10, 2022, 04:58:35 am »

I forgot to tell you, but you probably already know that it doesn't work with .iso. I only have one, I unpacked it, and it worked

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #606 on: January 10, 2022, 05:14:22 am »

Thanks and yes, no ISO support.
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #607 on: March 28, 2022, 10:54:33 am »

Hello jmone,
It seems that SoT's MediaInfo will set all the mapped fields empty if file can't be opened. Noticed this when I was moving movie to my server and it wasn't yet finished and ran SoT. MC updates file location library fields right away and not after the move is done which of course cause that SoT can't find the file yet when the move is ongoing.

Wouldn't it be better not to update values if file couldn't be opened at all? If it can be opened but value is empty then it would be ok update as an empty value. Thanks for considering

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #608 on: March 28, 2022, 03:21:31 pm »

Yup it would be.... and should be easy to skip any files that can not be read (well I need to check to see what error gets thrown by MediaInfo).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #609 on: March 28, 2022, 05:16:13 pm »

Here is a Test Version:
- SOT will Skip MediaInfo meta data processing on any file that MediaInfo can not read.  This is to prevent SOT updating MC's fields when MediaInfo can not read the file (such as the file is offline).

Note: MediaInfo returns some blank data (well it has a couple of spaces) when it can not read a file.  The test is to Skip processing a file when MediaInfo returns less than 10chars.  I can make this length any amount and a "normal" result from MediaInfo is usually in the 1,000s of characters for even a simple file.  SOT will continue to create the MediaInfo sidecar file (if you have that option on) so you can see what is returned for troubleshooting if needed.
JRiver CEO Elect

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #610 on: March 28, 2022, 05:46:02 pm »

Why not check if the file exists before calling MediaInfo?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #611 on: March 28, 2022, 05:55:06 pm »

Thought about that but.... if there are other issues with MediaInfo reading the file (eg corrupt, not supported file type, just not a media file, defender is blocking MediaInfo etc) then the same issue would occur where SOT would blank out the specified fields.  This way it skips the file if MediaInfo does not return data for any reason.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #612 on: March 28, 2022, 06:49:59 pm »

29 March 2022 - Release Version

I've cleaned up the changes over the last 6months or so and posted in the OP and on GitHub the latest version of SOT.

Let me know of any issues.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #613 on: March 29, 2022, 04:06:20 am »

Thought about that but.... if there are other issues with MediaInfo reading the file (eg corrupt, not supported file type, just not a media file, defender is blocking MediaInfo etc) then the same issue would occur where SOT would blank out the specified fields.  This way it skips the file if MediaInfo does not return data for any reason.

Good thinking.

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #614 on: April 29, 2022, 09:18:42 pm »

Hi - Are there any arguments for SoT?

I want to script/schedule the SoT to pull the media info for videos.

I tried the /? but it just loads SoT.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #615 on: April 29, 2022, 09:43:11 pm »

SOT-MediaInfo works by reading / updating information for items that are selected in the MC GUI.  These parameters are read/written using MC's MCWS (web services calls) rather than command line params.  I do use command line params to indicate what module (eg Media Info) for SOT to run automatically, and these are loaded into MC.  Select an item(s) in MC "--> right click --> send to --> send to external" and you should see a list of all of the SOT commands that will automatically run over what you have selected.  If you "right click --> send to --> send to external --> add/edit programs --> Swag of Tools - MediaInfo" etc you see what is being passed from MC as a command line argument.  All the rest then comes from MCWS calls.

So in short, you can run SOT-Media Info from MC , but if you wanted to script it, you would have to have someway of selecting the desired entries in MC, then emulate a "right click --> send to --> send to external --> swag of tools - media info" at which point SOT will run the MediaInfo module (using the previous set config values) over this data set.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #616 on: April 29, 2022, 09:51:43 pm »

FYI - MC does have a "Scheduler" function (under Services & Plug-Ins in the Left Hand Side tree) that could be used to run SOT at a time interval (just like the manual "send to external") but I'm not sure how you would go about automating a search to select the items prior to running SOT (eg some sort of "find and select all new videos").
JRiver CEO Elect

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #617 on: April 30, 2022, 06:57:04 am »

FYI - MC does have a "Scheduler" function (under Services & Plug-Ins in the Left Hand Side tree) that could be used to run SOT at a time interval (just like the manual "send to external") but I'm not sure how you would go about automating a search to select the items prior to running SOT (eg some sort of "find and select all new videos").

To select the videos I would use this batch script:
"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe" :: Starts MC26.
"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe" /showtreepath "Video\Movies" :: Moves JRiver to the Videos \ Movies view.
"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe" /mcc 21002 :: Selects all files in the view.

At this point is where I’m stuck.

I don’t see a schedule option that allows for SoT to run based on the selection, only to open it up via batch/command.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #618 on: April 30, 2022, 04:31:33 pm »

Should be good to then use MC's Scheduler (attached) or simply run SOT from the command line with the argument MediaInfo (eg C:\.....\Swag of Tools\Swag of Tools.exe MediaInfo")

You could even wrap everything up in the one batch script and use MC's scheduler to then run it.
JRiver CEO Elect

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #619 on: April 30, 2022, 08:38:59 pm »

Thank you! 

This is what I was missing: .\Swag of Tools\Swag of Tools.exe MediaInfo"

I didn't know you could call the MediaInfo app.

I figured I'd post this if anyone else is looking for something similar. 

I created this in PowerShell. 
Code: [Select]
Function Run-Program{
Start-Process "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe"

Start-Sleep 2

#Move to the Video\Movies view
& 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe' /showtreepath "Video\Movies"

Start-Sleep 2

#Select all files in the view.
& 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe' /mcc 21002

Start-Sleep 1

#Run MediaInfo on the selected files.
& 'Y:\Home_Theater_Files\Swag of Tools.exe' MediaInfo

#Wait 3 minutes while MediaInfo runs.
Start-Sleep 180

#Kill SoT app to continue the script.
Stop-Process -Name 'Swag of Tools'

Start-Sleep 2

#Start analyzing audio for the selected files.
& 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe' /mcc 23005,2

#Wait 1 hour
Start-Sleep 3600

#Gracefully exit MC26.
& 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 26\mc26.exe' /mcc 20007,0

}

Run-Program

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #620 on: May 01, 2022, 12:21:32 am »

Looks good.  I deliberately don't have SOT (in runtime mode) exit so that you can see the results in the Log Window... but I could always add an option so that SOT would close after it had finished processing, this way you would not have to guess how long the process might take before manually killing it (as if you are doing a long batch then 3min might not be long enough).
JRiver CEO Elect

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #621 on: May 01, 2022, 07:19:47 am »

Looks good.  I deliberately don't have SOT (in runtime mode) exit so that you can see the results in the Log Window... but I could always add an option so that SOT would close after it had finished processing, this way you would not have to guess how long the process might take before manually killing it (as if you are doing a long batch then 3min might not be long enough).
That would be great.  The script won’t continue unless I manually kill the process.

Thanks!

My next task is to try and get movie and TV info, while cutting the last 7 characters off the search term, but I don’t think that will work.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2022, 08:50:55 am »

Why do you need to re-run MediaInfo on ALL your files periodically? Why not just run it on the "recently imported" set?
(I'm aware that SOT will skip files that already have mediainfo.txt, but still...)

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #623 on: May 01, 2022, 09:33:44 am »

Why do you need to re-run MediaInfo on ALL your files periodically? Why not just run it on the "recently imported" set?
(I'm aware that SOT will skip files that already have mediainfo.txt, but still...)
I don't - you're 100% right and will adjust.  Thanks!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #624 on: May 02, 2022, 12:49:53 am »

That would be great.  The script won’t continue unless I manually kill the process.

Here is a Test Version:
- New Option (see pic) where you can now have SOT close automatically after a single run (only works with the Media Info section for now - just to see if this all works, then I'll add to all sections)

JRiver CEO Elect

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #625 on: May 02, 2022, 06:30:07 pm »

That is awesome!  Thank you.  I’ll give it a shot and let you know how it works out.

Edit: I tried it out.  Does exactly what it should!  Thanks again.

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #626 on: May 21, 2022, 01:44:29 am »

Swag of tools package gets deleted by Antivirus programs the moment it's downloaded Although i would love the have the supplementary DTX-HD and Doby atmos tags in the audio info, ii don't want to disable my Antivirus(and thus risk my system) to just download SOT package

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #627 on: May 21, 2022, 08:04:16 am »

Configure Windows Defender according to the thread on this board.  Uninstall any other antivirus.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #628 on: May 21, 2022, 05:30:10 pm »

Couple of other options:

- You should also be able to in your AV see quarantined files and say they are OK.

- You can always download the raw code from GitHub - https://github.com/jmone1/Swag-of-Tools/releases
...and the Compiler from https://www.autohotkey.com/  (it's easy to then compile and only takes a few seconds).  No idea if your AV will then delete it however.

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #629 on: June 16, 2022, 04:44:03 am »

Hendrik posted the following in the JRVR thread

We don't have that video analysis process yet, but jmone's SoT tool can do black bar cropping detection, I don't think it writes it into the right field in the right format to automatically apply cropping during video playback though, but maybe you can convince him to look into that.

I'm guessing but I "presume" that it would be populating the "Playback Info" field? with the correct format based on what SoT finds for Black Bar detection.  I guess I have a few questions:
- Is "Playback Info" the correct field
- What is the format mapping (eg what I get back from ffmpeg raw info such as "3840:1600:0:280" to what format MC needs)
- Is it optional (eg if most have a 16:9 std screen do we make it optional or does it not matter)
JRiver CEO Elect

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2022, 10:30:55 am »

edit

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #631 on: January 29, 2023, 10:15:36 am »

Hallo,

I'm new to SoT and I tried my first run with it. I have added a custom field "Untertitel" (Subtitles) and configured SoT to update this field.
The "Language" field will be updated, the compression field will be updated for example +Atmon but my new created field "Subtitles" will be blank and I get an error in SoT

The MC Run Time Command has finished, you can now either press
 - "Cancel" to close the Swag of Tools or
 - "Launch Full Version"
Finished
Error - 500  Processed Failed (see details below)
http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo?File=5653607&FileType=Key&Field=Untertitel&Value=German%3B%20English
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Response Status="Failure" Information="Field not found."/>

Language track info found and MC Language Field Updated
Atmos track found and MC Compression Field Updated
Finished Reading Media Info for "J:\Video\Star Wars - Episode VIII - Die letzten Jedi.mkv"
Commencing MediaInfo Scan (this may take some time) for "J:\Video\Star Wars - Episode VIII - Die letzten Jedi.mkv"
Commenced - Please wait....
The MC Runtime Command Received was : MediaInfo
Media Center Version 30.0.48 Found at 127.0.0.1:52199

I start the program with a right click on the selected file. What is wrong here? DO I have to add more MC field before? If yes what are the names of fields that must be created.
Thanks

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #632 on: January 29, 2023, 11:38:15 am »

Error msg seem to indicate that you haven't created field Undertitel

Can be created with MC's gui or via MCWS (something like this):
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Library/CreateField?Name=Untertitel&DataType=List&EditType=Standard

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #633 on: January 29, 2023, 11:44:01 am »

No the field is there as I wrote

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #634 on: January 29, 2023, 11:48:19 am »

Field name id says "Subtitle" in your picture. Not sure how MC handles translations...
Try to use Subtitle in the SoT instead of undertitel

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #635 on: January 29, 2023, 12:33:14 pm »

Same error

The MC Run Time Command has finished, you can now either press
 - "Cancel" to close the Swag of Tools or
 - "Launch Full Version"
Finished
Error - 500  Processed Failed (see details below)
http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo?File=5653604&FileType=Key&Field=Subtitel&Value=German%3B%20English
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Response Status="Failure" Information="Field not found."/>

Atmos track found and already in MC Compression Field
Finished Reading Media Info for "J:\Video\Star Wars - Episode IX - Der Aufstieg Skywalkers.mkv"
Commencing MediaInfo Scan (this may take some time) for "J:\Video\Star Wars - Episode IX - Der Aufstieg Skywalkers.mkv"
Commenced - Please wait....
Media Center Version 30.0.48 Found at 127.0.0.1:52199

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2023, 12:39:27 pm »

typo: Subtitel ==> Subtitle
Field given in SoT needs to match MC database field name

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2023, 02:58:32 pm »

typo: Subtitel ==> Subtitle
Field given in SoT needs to match MC database field name

OK Thanks it works now.
Can you tell me what I must insert in SoT when I want the read the "HDR Format" info  from the media File and to insert the value into MC Library "HDR Format",

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2023, 02:40:52 am »

Super  8)

HDR Format
HDR format
Video

Naturally you need to create field "HDR Format" in MC first

E: Actually "HDR format" for MediaInfo is enough in SoT. I'm using MCUtils to get MediaInfo data and there I have been using Video.HDR_Format_String

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2023, 11:29:41 am »

No I understand the using of the tool.
I have one problem. I have the language field already filled up (with German entries like Deutsch, Englisch). When I run SoT than I get double entries (Deutsch, Englisch, German, English). Is it possible to translate these during the input or is there a key that I disable within SoT to update the [Language] field.

And the next question: Do I need several runs for several input or can I input several keys to update several field at once.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2023, 11:04:42 pm »

You can separate the fields with a ;

This is my ; separated fields in SoT - Media Info:

Subtitles;Audio Language;Audio Tracks

Language;Language;Title

Text;Audio;Audio
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #641 on: March 05, 2023, 06:39:36 pm »

Hi,

I get an error when I use it on Build .73.
I checked the Username & Password and they are correct.
I get always this error:

Error 401 Access Denied
- Check Username / Password is correct in the Configuration Options

Where do you store the settings in the registry. I do not see any key in the root of  HKEY_CURRENT_USER, SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 30
My password are 4 digits. When I open Swag again, than the Psword shows 3 digitd (as black points)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #642 on: March 05, 2023, 06:53:22 pm »

Swag of Tools settings are stored in an INI file (Swag of Tools.ini) that gets created in the same directory as "Swag of Tools.exe" and including a hashed UserName and Password (it is NOT clear text).  The only stuff I store in the MC Register is the links to enable running SOT from MC's "Send to External" function.
JRiver CEO Elect

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #643 on: March 05, 2023, 07:19:48 pm »

It do not run. Tell me the Username and Password from the ini file (please Personal Message)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #644 on: March 05, 2023, 08:02:06 pm »

I'll send you a PM in a sec but I too found something odd with authentication as it also stopped working for me in V30.0.73 as well (just tested).  I had to disable/enable it in MC (Tools --> Option --> Media Network --> Authentication) EDIT: I had to re- enter in it SOT and now it seems fine (I had recently done a clean install and that changes the hashing function).
JRiver CEO Elect

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #645 on: March 05, 2023, 08:08:57 pm »

I'll send you a PM in a sec but I too found something odd with authentication as it also stopped working for me in V30.0.73 as well (just tested).  I had to disable/enable it in MC (Tools --> Option --> Media Network --> Authentication) and now it seems fine.

I did this - same result. As I wrote you PM that the Username & Passwort you stored is wrong. I send you the right ones!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #646 on: March 05, 2023, 08:10:52 pm »

In Swag of Tools - go to "Configuration" and re-enter the Username and Password and press "Test Configuration"  If that works press "Save Configuration"
JRiver CEO Elect

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #647 on: March 05, 2023, 08:13:36 pm »

In Swag of Tools - go to "Configuration" and re-enter the Username and Password and press "Test Configuration"  If that works press "Save Configuration"

I did this a lot of times. After the details are stored, they are wrong

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #648 on: March 05, 2023, 08:23:44 pm »

Sent you a link and also removed the INI file you posted earlier (just in case)
JRiver CEO Elect

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #649 on: March 05, 2023, 08:29:06 pm »

Sent you a link and also removed the INI file you posted earlier (just in case)

It's not working same behaviour
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up