INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schedule music  (Read 3810 times)

fbsd

• Recent member
Schedule music
« on: September 01, 2016, 03:18:53 pm »

Hello,

I need option to schedule music to start play music on specific time example to 08:00 and stop at 08:05 and repeat all day except Saturday and sunday. Is it possible?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Schedule music
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »

In the tree on the left, go to Services and Plugins > Scheduler .  There you can schedule a play event and a recurring day, for any selection of days of the week.  The duration part can be set to 5 minutes so it only plays for that long.

I'm not sure what you mean about "repeat all day".  If you mean every hour at the top of the hour, for 5 minutes, I think you'd need 24 schedule entries; one for each hour.

Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »

Look at Services and Plug-Ins - Scheduler. You can have it play your whole library or a playlist or based on a search, at times and days you specify.

fbsd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »

In the tree on the left, go to Services and Plugins > Scheduler .  There you can schedule a play event and a recurring day, for any selection of days of the week.  The duration part can be set to 5 minutes so it only plays for that long.

I'm not sure what you mean about "repeat all day".  If you mean every hour at the top of the hour, for 5 minutes, I think you'd need 24 schedule entries; one for each hour.

Brian.

I can only setup duration when i record stream but i need to play stream few minutes and stop.
With repeat all days i mean reoccur and i can setup that.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »

^ Add a task and select Play.  You'll have only a few options.  Switch it to "record stream".  Now switch it back.  Suddenly you'll have more options, including Duration.  Something odd in the user interface.

Brian.

fbsd

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 06:04:31 pm »

Here is results. I was tryed to switch to record and back to play but with play selected i can't input. Even when I setup manual start time.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 06:13:57 pm »

Uncheck "Now".

Brian.

fbsd

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »

Didn't resolved problem.
Media Center version 22.05.15

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 07:00:10 pm »

after making changes like this sometimes you need to close and restart MC after 1 min or so of closing it...most of the time MC tells you it needs to be restarted tho...so this may not be your problem...good luck....and it is always best to update to the latest build, your a few behind
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »

It appears that Duration only works for Record Stream, not for Play. This looks like a bug, or at least it is a "limitation". It certainly seems like Duration should work for Play as well as for Record Stream. Playing the entire library without  the ability to  stop does not really make sense.

DJLegba

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 10:50:41 pm »

As a workaround you can play a smartlist that has a limited duration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up