INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing .VOB files directly  (Read 4285 times)

captnchaos

Playing .VOB files directly
« on: September 04, 2016, 07:23:44 am »

Dear All,
I was very disappointed to learn, that JRiver MediaCenter 21 cannot play .VOB files directly. I have hundreds of them (ripped from bought original DVDs for streaming). I do not have time to convert them all to MKV or similar.
What is the reason for this? I think a piece of software for this money should
VLC can do this and many others can too. I should not be a problem of DRM or?
I would very happy if MC22 would be able to play them.
Greetings from Austria
Wolf

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing .VOB files directly
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:30 am »

Of course MC can play VOB files.
It has been capable of doing that since at least ver 16 (when I started using it).

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 10:56:15 am »

Dear All,
I was very disappointed to learn, that JRiver MediaCenter 21 cannot play .VOB files directly. I have hundreds of them (ripped from bought original DVDs for streaming). I do not have time to convert them all to MKV or similar.

What gave you the impression that MediaCenter 21 could not play .VOB files. I have many DVD's ripped in this format and they all play fine.

captnchaos

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:37:53 am »

Hi,
never got it working in months. Program crashes or is working and working and working or I´m getting error messages like this file format is not supported!?

I read this postings http://jriver.com/search.html?cx=partner-pub-6476019325097883%3A8050671463&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=VOB&sa=Search&siteurl=www.jriver.com%2Fsupport.html&ref=www.jriver.com%2Findex.html&ss= too. It looked like a common problem. Somewhere it was mentioned that .vob are not supported because of DRM themes.

*confused*

It was just a wish for 22. If it should work in general than maybe it is working with MC22 on my PC too

greetings

captnchaos

Error Playing .VOB files directly in MC 22 again
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 06:37:07 am »

Hi guys,
I want to revisit this issue. Unfortunately the problem was not solved with V 22 (please have a look at the attachment). I was told VOBs are no problem at all. I could never play them neither via dobbleclick or file open menu!? And usually I am an experienced user. Maybe some special settings in the depth of the menu?
Greetings
Wolf / Austria

Eg.  As the screen shot is in german, the error message says:
There was a problem during replay
Details: Error at opening or analyzing the file (hr=0x80004005)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:02:38 am »

Sorry I can't read the message in your post, but it looks familiar.
I think that is the message that will come up if there is something preventing playback - which many times can be an audio setting.

Go your Windows Control Panel >Sound and check the settings on the sound driver (look under Advanced tab) to be sure you have selected the highest settings and see what format the sound card is cable of. Then go the JRiver MC program Tools>Options>Audio >DSP & Output Format>Output Format  and set it up so any non-supported formats (sample rates and channels, etc.) match.
Good luck.

Blue333

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 12:31:46 pm »

I have encountered this same problem, just new to playing videos in MC31. When trying to play a .vob file I receive the error reported above. Did anyone ever find a fix for this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up