INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.225 beta available...  (Read 6270 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.225 beta available...
« on: July 30, 2003, 02:33:29 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91225.exe

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:
1. Fixed: Mini-me playlist would change column sizes if auto-size was turned on.
2. Fixed: Left and right would switch library panes when in-place editing in the panes.
3. Fixed: Panes wouldn't always keep focus like expected when navigating with keyboard.
4. Fixed: Visualizations wouldn't "move" if the output format was using more than 2 channels.
5. Fixed: Setting the output format to 4 channels wouldn't "stick" in DSP studio.
6. Changed: "Find Music" renamed "Find Media".
7. NEW: When searching a view that's a subset of the whole library, MC shows a "search entire library" message when there are no hits.
8. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" menu item disabled in views where album grouping isn't available.
9. Fixed: "Undo", "Redo", and "Tagging Mode" weren't listed as available toolbar buttons.
10. NEW: Tag parsing in Download Manager is back.
11. Changed: Send To menu in list right-click menu shows MRU (Most Recently Used) item.  It's saved between sessions.
12. Changed: Redesigned column, sorting, etc. saving to be more intuitive.
13. Changed: Skin drawing with margins smarter when drawing pieces with large margins to small areas.
14. Changed: Put file properties combo list back to how it was in 9.1.223 and before.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
Re: Media Center 9.1.225 beta available...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 02:46:58 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Focus Issues
    Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
      Moving Folders Causes Crash
      Moving a folder, whether the contents are imported or not, via Samba shares causes MC to hang and/or crash completely.  I've replicated this bug three times.  When MC is currently playing an MP3, MC crashes, when it is not, it hangs with the Updating Database dialog.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/29  Priority: Medium
      Saving Sorting Resets List
      Changing the sorting of a smartlist then right-clicking and choosing to save causes it to reset.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
      Mini-Me Playlist Columns
      When changing tracks by hand in Mini-Me mode (either via the keyboard or mouse), the track name column resizes itself to be very small, pulling the time column in with it.[/s]

Suggestions/Requests
    • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
    • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It would make moving folders around so much easier.
    • Option to Suppress external encoder DOS window (e.g. LAME.EXE).
Toast goes in the toaster.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 03:00:10 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    (I am having this problem with any skin -- currently Brushed metal)    

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!    

3) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.

4) Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.      

5) MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.  

6) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.    

7) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 03:23:09 pm »

Crashes when importing.

I had to redo the library as my other one died. Started fresh and started to import some images...and MC just vanished after about 3,000 files or so.

Could it be a bad file? I don't know because I have no way of identifing the last successful file.

-

Delimited fields do not get imported (saved in file) if the field isn't setup in MC prior to importing.

Media Center Registered 9.1.225 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 13 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 03:46:08 pm »

Dave,
Split your import in half and then in half again to see if you can find the problem file, if it is that.  Then send it to matt @ jriver.com with a note.

Thanks,

Jim

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 03:52:25 pm »

• Re-opened - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

After some chatter from other users, I've decided to re-open this bug.  I know it's not happening to everyone but it's happening to some.  I've been able to replicate this bug on three different machines now.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 04:00:05 pm »

11. Changed: Send To menu in list right-click menu shows MRU (Most Recently Used) item.  It's saved between sessions.
Great - Thanks :D

13. Changed: Skin drawing with margins smarter when drawing pieces with large margins to small areas.
I see that the behavior has changed somehow - especially if something is resized to a very small width, for example. Even the hover effect of the mentioned Playerbar_Slider is OK now. But when you click the Slider to drag the position, the area where it is "catched" is like before...funny...so I dare to post this again ;) :

The Position Slider, the Volume Slider and the small Shuffle, DSP and Continious On/Off buttons loose mouse focus on their bottoms when they are placed a little bit lower. This seems to happen because the "Playerbar_SliderPos" image is always drawn 16 pixel high... Maybe it would be possible that it's drawn like the height of the "Playerbar_SliderPos" image instead of being fixed?

Sorry, I even dare to ask again for the Search Bar text color... :P :
Can there be something added to define the color of the Search Bar text? It would be nice to set the background of the "Playerbar_Search" image to something darker in some cases... Maybe the color of the text that is written in the Search Bar can be set together with the <PLAYERBAR> "Display>Colors" entry?

Marko

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 04:24:39 pm »

Make a VS with [date] as a pane, select file(s), enter tagging mode (note the absence of any warning), in the date pane, click on <new date>, enter a date, any date, and confirm it. The tag always sets to some date in January 1900. The properties' "Date" field works fine.

-marko

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 05:10:55 pm »

I'm a relatively new user but I thought for sure I was once able to right-click on the CD-Rom drive and eject the CD. I think it's missing.

gmonkey

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 05:27:50 pm »

Great build again guys!

Here's what's left from me:

B2. When MC is busy for a long while (such as updating properties for 5,000 files), the display does not update, which means I can't access my desktop, and other windows will show ghost images when closed, moved, resized, etc.

B3. Embedded images within music files are not transferred over the Media Server. They should show in Playing Now, as thumbnails, and in the properties windows.

B5. Running mouse up the rating column will keep the rating hover effect on once you leave the area.

B7. Error when loading this jpeg: http://glh.brim.net/IMG_0382.jpg

B9. Page Down in thumbnail mode doesn't work if there are 1.9_ rows or less.

RemyJ

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 05:38:58 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/30  Priority: Medium
    If there aren't enough properties to fill the properties pane, clicking on the blank space below the last property starts an edit on the last property.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/30  Priority: Medium
    In playing now, if the currently playing track advances beyond the currently selected track and you press the down arrow key, the selection jumps to the track after the one playing instead of the one that was selected.  Same for the Up key, selection jumps to the track above the one currently playing instead of the one currently selected. Example:  Load tracks into playing now, select the first track and start it playing.  Now press Next a few times to start track 4 playing (track 1 is still selected).  Now press the down arrow key.  The selection jumps to track 5 instead of track 2.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/29  Priority: High
    MC isn't detecting that blank media has been inserted in the burner unless it's started with the blank media in the drive.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    MC isn&#8217;t remembering the Display Mode (Internal, Windowed, Full Screen)

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    In thumbnail mode, the up and down arrow keys always reset the selection to the first image in the row instead of moving to the image directly above or below the current one.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    When the details window is In thumbnail mode and you scroll down with the mouse wheel shortly after the list starts filling, the list often resets back to the top

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: Medium
    The field names in Properties don't reflect the correct names if they were renamed.  I.E.  I renamed Artist to Track Artist.  The column headers show Track Artist but the properties show Artist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: Medium
    In thumbnail mode, MC often doesn't display images for currently visible items in large lists until it either churns through all of the items in the list or until you click on any item in the list.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: Medium
    If an empty directory is removed because of a rename operation or because all of the entries were deleted, it's entry remains in the Hard Disk Location tree and if you click on it, it brings up the search panes as though you clicked on the root of the view scheme

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the lower left pane and the menu un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn&#8217;t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    I think this is fixed.  I can't reproduce it anyway.  Whenever I drag the split bar between the left and right panes, the properties window disappears.  This has been happening on one machine for several weeks and I just wrote it off as fluke but now it's happening on 3 machines.  

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

nila

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2003, 06:06:15 pm »

? ? why  ? ?
I didn't see any complaints about it being how it was.

Putting everything in the 'Send To' menu added a LOT of unnecessary clicking for me and the day you did it - I searched the forum and found the reg hack for the number of items it remembered and increased it to 4 so as to remove these extra clicks when doing tasks.

? Now you've also put all these memory items back in a sub level again  ?

I didn't see any requests for everything to be put in the 'Send To' to begin with and I didn't see any to have the memory moved to 'Send To' either. I've seen three requests I think it is so far from users asking to have it back to a nice big clear right click not hidden in 'send to' though.

How come it was changed :'(

Also, not sure if it's possible - but is there any reg hack I could do to get it back, this is just introducing a lot more unnecessary clicking - the best menu was the one with everything at the top level - almost all tasks were no further than one click away. When that was gone at least I could use the MRU as a work around.

If there's no way this is going to be changed back is there ANY chance (on my knee's begging) that BOTH the main menu and the 'Send To' menu could be given MRU's - the main menu's one could be set to 0 as default and so it would appear not to have any and would look like it does now, yet if we wanted - we could go into the registry and give it as many items as we wanted?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2003, 06:13:17 pm »

I really, really like the MRU being there *especially* since it's separate from the MRU on the main context menu.  Having a Send To-specific MRU really helps alleviate any sub-menu woes that I once had.

If you do change it back, then change the Send To menu back to one big menu as per Nila's suggestion.  Otherwise, this works even better for me!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 06:46:07 pm »

Nila> Why are you doing extra clicks? The menu will open just by hovering over it. So no extra clicks.

RemyJ

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2003, 06:57:33 pm »

If there's no way this is going to be changed back is there ANY chance (on my knee's begging) that BOTH the main menu and the 'Send To' menu could be given MRU's

I have both now.  
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 07:33:35 pm »

back when i used media center 9.0.180 I couldn't get the 32 bit setting to ever work. 24 bit worked fine, but neither 32 bit or 4.1 and 5.1 jrss would ever work. I upgraded to i think 9.1.221 or around there, and for some reason 32 bit sound now works. Out of no where it just starts working. I run on ASIO output and im really glad about this development, but I was wondering why that happened and why 4.1 and 5.1 don't work.

What happens when I now adjust my dsp to either 4.1 or 5.1 jrss is the same thing that happened in previous versions when i selected 32 bit. It runs just fine until i play something. Then the window disappears and the program magically shuts down with no warning, error message or anything.

Anyone have any idea why any of this happens?

BTW Im running on an audigy 2 platinum with kx drivers

God Bless,
Greg

Media Center Registered 9.1.225 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2160 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 08:17:45 pm »

DVD playback still doesn't work.  :(

jleerigby

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 09:37:23 pm »

I'm with Nila.  Isn't the whole point of MRU the fact that it's a time saver giving you chance to repeat a previously used task more quickly than how it was when you first used it.  If it's put in a sub menu you may as well just access it from it's normal home.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 10:46:21 pm »

Good Morning folks,

- Well, that saves a few clicks but isn't it possible to make the "Columns to show" menu persistant so that each time you select/deselect a field you don't have to right click/scroll again for each and every field you want to add/remove ?

- As it is now, the columns header in the list view displays the 'Display' name as configured in options while the properties pane shows the 'Name' of the tag (talking here for APE tags). Is it possible that both uses the same name as it can be a bit confusing when the name of the property is not the same as its 'Display' name.

- I think it could also help if the showed category would be indicated on top of the properties pane. Right now if you have selected to view the "Display" properties, you can't tell you're viewing the 'Display' fields just by looking at the pane (unless you are a seasoned user ! ) you need to RMC/Fields to Show to check what category is currently displayed.

- Maybe the category named "display" could be renamed images ?? and the 'Image File' field could be moved in there ?

HAND (Have A Nice Day)

C.

thanks.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 11:26:13 pm »

8. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" menu item disabled in views where album grouping isn't available.

Possible bug:

Should "Album Thumbnails" be available in image and videos schemes views? What is it suppose to show?

Suggestion:

I already opened a thread to discuss if "Detailed Thumbnails" is really necesary in music schemes views. May be, a simple "Details/Thumbnails" decision is enoght to handle all situations ("Thumbnails" could mean "Album Thumbnails" in music views, and "Track Thumbnails" in any other case"). Much simpler, much better.

nila

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2003, 11:38:28 pm »

I have both now.  

How?

tell me tell me ;)

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2003, 01:45:28 am »

Is Mjextman.exe /play Treepath going to come back?

Marko

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2003, 02:17:06 am »

I have both now.  

I have both too. I have the familiar entries that appear atop the right-click root menu + the new entry atop the sendto menu.

If the sendto's mru entry can be remembered across sessions, is it at all possible for the others too? I set my MruCommandCount to 5 and after working a bit on imported files it's so handy to have those 5 options right there. Please can they be remembered across sessions too :)

gmonkey

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2003, 06:10:32 am »

Should "Album Thumbnails" be available in image and videos schemes views? What is it suppose to show?

Think of photo albums, art collections, TV season episodes, collection of songs from a live concert, etc.

"Thumbnails" could mean "Album Thumbnails" in music views, and "Track Thumbnails" in any other case"). Much simpler, much better.

I would disagree here, but that's my opinion. I sometimes have a strange mix of music queued, but I want to see the thumbnails *without* them being grouped. As a matter of fact, it helps me to find when two songs from the same album will be playing back to back in the mix.

I do wish that I could designate an image as the "album cover" for photo albums, but that's a feature request, so just ignore that for now. ;)

Bug: MIDI files are no longer supported. [Or is this by design?]

7_cats

• Recent member
  • this is the modern world that i've heard about...
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2003, 06:34:00 am »

hi--thanks for the frequent updates--but frankly, i just rip cds, and sync with my pod, so i don't even understand most of this stuf; i just dutifully keep updating.
2 requests:

1) a MANUAL so i can learn how all this works!! i'll bet the smartlists would be just nifty, but i just can't figure it all out!  and i doubt that a mc9 for dummies book is on the way :)

2) a way to simply copy an audio cd from , say, my dvd drive to my cdrw so i don't have to rip (and to which format?).  i hate to have to use nero when mc9 seems so complete.

many thanks
some smooth chords, on the car radio....

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 06:49:55 am »

Bug:  Attempting DVD Playback crashes MC

When I attempt to play a DVD disc I get a popup box labelled TEST whith the message DVD Mode ON.
This stays on the screen for approx 2 seconds then MC closes.

Media Center Registered 9.1.225 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 1000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: ATAPI    CD-RW 48X16        Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 07:00:37 am »

>>I have both now

How?

tell me tell me ;)

Maybe I'm just special :)

The original MRU list on the right-click menu never went away.  The one for the Send-To menu just appeared.   If I do Rename Files... it shows up on the main MRU list, if I do a send-to burner, it shows up on both MRU lists.  Maybe your MRUCommandCount got set to 0 or something.  Mine's still at 10 where I set it a while back.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 07:36:26 am »

I made a test skin to show the strange behavior of the "Playerbar" sliders and buttons. I don't know with which version this behavior came up, maybe I just didn't noticed it before...

The "Playerbar_SliderVol" and "Playerbar_SliderPos" images are set to light green, a dark green line shows the horizontal influence of the bottom of the "Playerbar_SliderPos"...

Please install this and take a look at the hoover effect and in which case the buttons react to mouse clicks or a sliders can be draged - it's really strange: SliderTestSkin

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2003, 08:57:28 am »

Should "Album Thumbnails" be available in image and videos schemes views?

Think of photo albums, art collections, TV season episodes, collection of songs from a live concert, etc.

I do wish that I could designate an image as the "album cover" for photo albums, but that's a feature request, so just ignore that for now. ;)

Yes, images albums makes sense, and I also vote for your request. But since we can't set album covers, the option to visualize album thumbsnails should not be available. (I think)

If MC 9.2 or MC 10 implements this functionality, I still think a toogle buttom to switch between detailed view and thumbsnail view still make sense. All we would need is another button to switch between Album view and Track view. (This way, if you wish, you could still see song track thumbsnails)

I just realize MC buttons rarely do nothing by it self. MC buttons popups menu, or open dialog windows, but they do nothing by it self. This is not a standard Windows behavior. And it goes against usability. Think about Word toolbar, almost every button has an inmediate effect to your selection (bold, size, page view, print, allignment, ...). MC does not work this way. MC requiers a lot  clicking.

I think this is because initially MC has been very menu oriented (right-click button), so they still have a way to walk to full discover toolbar potential ˇˇThere is no button to play the selection!!

I think I will tell JimH something about it  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2003, 09:02:08 am »

There is no button to play the selection!!

The play button is the biggest button on the program.  Pick some music and click it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2003, 09:12:46 am »

14. Changed: Put file properties combo list back to how it was in 9.1.223 and before.

8)  Thanks!

However, there is still no way now to colapse (like in previous builds) Fields To Show.  Alternatively, being able to select two Fields To Show (e.g. General and Extended, as opposed to All Catagories or a single one) would clean Properties up and also work.  I do not need People or Places for Audio, but I do like to see General, Extended AND File Info in one view.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2003, 09:15:45 am »

The play button is the biggest button on the program.  Pick some music and click it.

The play button dissapear if something is already playing  :)

Anyway, my comment was just a paradigmatic sample. I was wondering if some buttons may be missing. I think they are.

I also think buttons could be bigger and cleaner. Look Internet Explorer buttons. Or even APA buttons.

I am not complaining, I love MC, but you have to admit it is not toolbar oriented...  

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 09:19:28 am »

When you use the "minimize" button in upper right corner w/ 9.1.225, MC disappears from the task bar at the bottom of the screen.

BarryT

jleerigby

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2003, 09:32:37 am »

...but I do like to see General, Extended AND File Info in one view.
The easy solution to this is to allow you to change the category each library field is listed in via the tree and view settings (existing feature).  I've managed to do this so all the fields I need are in the general category.  

However, it now seems that this option is greyed out for all fields except custom ones I've created myself.

Is there any chance this can be changed to allow users some control over which fields appear in which category?

jleerigby

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2003, 09:50:54 am »

Fixed: All view schemes that hang of a custom group show visible columns relating to images (people, places etc) and being a music only user this is none too helpful. I can select Make all like current to alter it but it resets every time I close and reopen MC. Thank you.

Open:
If you use the panes (say you select an artist then album) then search, the results are erratic.  It doesn't restrict the results to the selected pane, nor does it find all results for the scheme.  In a previous response I think you implied that it should restrict itself to the selected pane.

Additionally, if you delete the text in the search bar all the panes reset which is a real pain.

and finally..
7. NEW: When searching a view that's a subset of the whole library, MC shows a "search entire library" message when there are no hits.
Great job.  Thank you so much.

jleerigby

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2003, 10:00:30 am »

Bug: (I think?)If you add tracks to an empty playing now (and the general option is set so playback does not start automatically when tracks are added) then you click the play button the message 'Please select files to play' is displayed.  This is because none of the files in playing now have a green symbol next to them.  This causes a problem if you hit play using a remote.  The only way round the problem appears to be to double click on a file in playing now.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2003, 10:26:28 am »

Getting some strange redrawing behavior in the panes.  MC will work just fine and then I'll go to click on a song title and all of the panes and file info will disappear.  I can drag another window over MC and it will redraw everything but it's pretty garbled.  If i try to click on it again, nothing happens.  Sometimes a second scrollbar will appear above the first and I can scroll the garbage re-draw around.  No matter what view I click on, or whether I minimize and restore, I can't click on anything in panes.  Only restarting the app fixes this.

This just started with .255.  No changes have been made to my video drivers nor do any other programs behave strangely like this.

Not sure if it's a bug or what.
Pages: [1]   Go Up