INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.224 beta available  (Read 6887 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.224 beta available
« on: July 29, 2003, 11:37:16 am »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91224.exe

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History:  
1. Fixed: Right click menus in list weren't working. (broken in 223)
2. Fixed: Party Mode dialog was still referring to Media Jukebox.
3. Fixed: Playlist based view schemes weren't working properly.
4. Changed: MC no longer starts dual playback (images + audio) when starting audio with images stopped in Playing Now.
5. Fixed: "Tagging Mode" instructions wouldn't always be displayed properly.
6. Fixed: The "<new ?>" item in Tagging Mode wouldn't always show up.
7. Changed: MC smarter when dealing with cascaded post-process searches. (e.x. view filter and browser scheme both crop or sort output)
8. Changed: Vertical scrollbars always visible in pane mode -- just disabled when not needed.
9. Fixed: Horizontal scrollbars could show up in pane mode sometimes.
10. Fixed: Media Center was crashing while importing WMA files.
11. NEW: Mouse wheel now works with a window without the need to set the focus to it first.
12. Fixed: Starting dual playback (images + audio) didn't honor the "Jump on Play" mode. (i.e. full screen, none, playing now, etc.)
13. Fixed: Number based pane schemes wouldn't always work properly with unassigned / zero items.
14. Changed: File properties combo lists no longer divides used from unused property values. (more consistent with panes)
15. Changed: Improved shell extensions / Windows Explorer integration.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Media Center 9.1.224 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 11:54:11 am »

this beta is a big deal!!
Nice Work Matt :)
Tamer

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 11:58:51 am »

8. Changed: Vertical scrollbars always visible in pane mode
11. NEW: Mouse wheel now works with a window without need to set focust to it first.

GREAT! I LOVE IT! This made the panes perfect!  :D

Two little bugs concerning the "New Properties":
  • Renamed 'Custom' fields don't show up with their renamed names  
  • If "Same As Columns In Current View" is selected, even if 'Image File' is used as a column, it's not shown in the properties
Concerning MegaMe skins:
  • The Position Slider, the Volume Slider and the small Shuffle, DSP and Continious On/Off buttons loose mouse focus on their bottoms when they are placed a little bit lower (Take a look at the hover effect of the WinDoze skins, for example)... maybe there can be done something about it?

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 12:07:46 pm »

Bug:

Almbum thumnails does not work in playlists.

It shows track thumnails.

Anyway, does anyone use track thumbnails at all?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 12:12:10 pm »

ANOTHER UPDATE:
  • NOT Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

UPDATE:
  • NOT Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

Some great changes/fixes in this build!

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/29  Priority: Medium
    Saving Sorting Resets List
    Changing the sorting of a smartlist then right-clicking and choosing to save causes it to reset.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Focus Issues
    Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Mini-Me Playlist Columns
    When changing tracks by hand in Mini-Me mode (either via the keyboard or mouse), the track name column resizes itself to be very small, pulling the time column in with it.  http://www.misrule.org/junk/minime.jpg

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
  • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It would make moving folders around so much easier.
  • Option to Suppress external encoder DOS window (e.g. LAME.EXE).
Toast goes in the toaster.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 12:46:26 pm »

Excellent work!  Just a few things I've noticed (some of them were posted a few months ago; I don't have the time to post this for every release):

Bug:  Put keyboard focus in the first of the new panes (let's say the "Artist" pane).  Press F2 to edit an artist's name.  You can move the cursor around within the name using home, end, and cursor left, but if you press cursor right, you move to the next pane ("Album") instead.  This behaviour should be disabled when you're editing the name.

In the rightmost pane you can use cursor right but not cursor left, and in intermediate panes I don't think you can use either cursor key.

Performance:  Paging down in the media library takes a lot of time if the new page only contains a lot of songs I haven't looked at previously in this session.  If I press page up and then page down again the new (old) page shows much more quickly the second time.  Are you loading the media library lazily?  I think I'd prefer some slightly longer startup time if it makes MC quicker once I actually start using it.

Cosmetics: If I set the system to use large fonts, then the left-hand column of icons and text in the options dialog is too narrow to display all the text, and the space between icons is not tall enough.  I get "File ssociation" and "File Naming &", for example.  This should probably be fixed before the release since it looks quite unpolished.

Bug:  There seems to be a bug in the way multiple files are selected in the list control (at least using the PixOS skin, I don't know if that affects things).  Select a single song in the list, let's say number 80 in the list.  Now re-sort the list in a different way so that the song changes position.  The same song is still highlighted, just like it should be, even though it might now be at (say) position 40 in the list.  Shift-click another song, number 50.  I would expect songs 40-50 to be highlighted, but instead songs 50-80 are highlighted and selected, and the first song is no longer selected.  Apparently part of MC still remembers that the first song used to be number 80 in the list.

Cosmetics: I'm running MediaCenter with the PixOS skin.  If I bring up the Audio Analysis tool, its window is skinned.  If I shrink it, I get a plain Windows 2000 "collapsed" window title bar (even if I run it under XP).  That it isn't skinned is not a major problem, but if I click somewhere close to the minimize/close buttons the skinned orange/red minimize/close buttons suddenly turn up.  Not a major bug, but it does make a bad impression:  

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 01:02:13 pm »

I can't add the Undo/Redo toolbar buttons to the Location Toolbar in Playing Now.

Some fields don't display in File Properties when "Same As Columns In Current View" is checked. Namely, Duration, and any Calculated fields. For instance, I have a Playing Now field that's simply [ARTIST] - [NAME] and it doesn't show up in File Properties even when Calculated is selected to be displayed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 01:03:35 pm »

Some fields don't display in File Properties when "Same As Columns In Current View" is checked. Namely, Duration, and any Calculated fields. For instance, I have a Playing Now field that's simply [ARTIST] - [NAME] and it doesn't show up in File Properties even when Calculated is selected to be displayed.

Take note of the "Show Read-Only Fields" option in the same menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gkerber

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 01:03:37 pm »

11. NEW: Mouse wheel now works with a window without need to set focust to it first.

I am getting very happy now....

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 01:38:05 pm »

4. Changed: MC no longer starts dual playback (images + audio) when starting audio with images stopped in Playing Now.

Thanks Matt, works perfectly :)

dragyn

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2003, 01:49:12 pm »

Viewing Images is really slow in this build compared to the last one. Mainly view schemes and stuff.

• view scheme group: images
  • view scheme: rating

• 9.1.224: 212 secs
  • 9.1.223: 3-5 secs

This is just clickig the expand for the group. No files are being shown at the time. No fancy smartlist or anything like that..just [media type]=Images. Same programs running, etc etc etc.

'jump on play: fullscreen' cuts off a the first few seconds of a video file because the file has started before fullscreen kicks in.

'delmited fields' are not showing in view schemes. This worked in 222 but broke in the last build.

vertical scroll bar shows when using 'album thumbnails' even though the scroll bar isn't needed (not taking up all the space; could just be 1 row of thumnbails). This makes the screen jump when using the scroll bar.

Right-Click key (between Win & Ctrl) doesn't work in Search Bar.

Shift-Insert doesn't work in Search Bar

Locate is showing 'pane view' headers (Artist, Album, etc) in right-click menu instead of view schemes.

Media Center Registered 9.1.224 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 64 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
    Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 01:49:14 pm »

Great build!!  Thanks for all the fixes and the xmouse behaviour for the panes.

BUG: The scroll behaviour is still funky in the add rule dialog box for playlists/searches.  See picture in the 222 build.

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 01:51:19 pm »

Take note of the "Show Read-Only Fields" option in the same menu.

D'oh!

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2003, 02:09:12 pm »

15. Changed: Improved shell extensions / Windows Explorer integration.

Details?  What's this mean?

Pink Waters

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2003, 02:10:28 pm »

any chance in the next build to enable a change in the left side of track position and volume bars before the thumb which is common on other multimedia soft. !?
Tamer

Marko

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 02:11:15 pm »

Bug
Set [DATE] as a pane, enter Tagging Mode, click on <new date> enter dd/mm/yyyy. No matter what I enter here, when OK is pressed I get 14/01/1900 instead.

Changing the date via the properties pane works OK.

wonmug

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Don't worry, I'm always like this!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 03:58:41 pm »

When clicking on a music file outside of MC, the behavior up to now has been to play it immediately, replacing the current playlist. Now (latest versions) we at last have the option of adding it to an existing playlist. (This option existed before, but did not work as expected.) But there is no option to add to end of playlist without immediately playing the clicked file, which is what I would most often like to do.
From the desk of: wonmug

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 04:08:10 pm »

DVD playback still doesn't work. :(

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 04:09:26 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    (I am having this problem with any skin -- currently Brushed metal)  

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!  

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.    

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.    

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.  

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them      
This is an old bug.

nila

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 04:40:43 pm »

Coming along GREAT!!

Biggest important bug left though is grouping still does not work for field types like: Dimensions, File Size, Date etc.

These are pretty important too - please dont just remove the option to group them as u did in v9 with dates.

Grouping by sizes is a great way to for instance seperate portrait pics and landscape ones.

File size grouping is great for finding images that are outside of a range and need to be re-compressed etc. :)

RemyJ

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 08:02:47 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/29  Priority: High
    MC isn't detecting that blank media has been inserted in the burner unless it's started with the blank media in the drive.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    Whenever I drag the split bar between the left and right panes, the properties window disappears.  This has been happening on one machine for several weeks and I just wrote it off as fluke but now it's happening on 3 machines.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    MC isn&#8217;t remembering the Display Mode (Internal, Windowed, Full Screen)

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    In thumbnail mode, the up and down arrow keys always reset the selection to the first image in the row instead of moving to the image directly above or below the current one.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    When the details window is In thumbnail mode and you scroll down with the mouse wheel shortly after the list starts filling, the list often resets back to the top

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: Medium
    The field names in Properties don't reflect the correct names if they were renamed.  I.E.  I renamed Artist to Track Artist.  The column headers show Track Artist but the properties show Artist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: Medium
    In thumbnail mode, MC often doesn't display images for currently visible items in large lists until it either churns through all of the items in the list or until you click on any item in the list.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: Medium
    If an empty directory is removed because of a rename operation or because all of the entries were deleted, it's entry remains in the Hard Disk Location tree and if you click on it, it brings up the search panes as though you clicked on the root of the view scheme

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the lower left pane and the menu un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn&#8217;t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

ZRocker

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 08:30:38 pm »

Seems like File Properties is moving towards this...so why not complete it?

'It' being just have a right-click option to add custom fields to the File Properties lists...just like you can add and remove columns from the view schemes, Playing Now, etc.

The new right-click options for Visible Fields is a step in the right direction (for customization), but seems like a Custom option with a popup menu list of all the fields would be more useful and logical...let the user customize the File Properties field list to their specific liking.  This new right-click feature would of course allow the user to specify the order too (based on where the right-click was at in the File Properties window.  Drag-and-drop ordering would be nice, but not a 'requirement' (in the beginning).

Pink Waters

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 09:15:02 pm »

UPDATE:
  • NOT Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27
    Priority: High
    MC9 Not Playing RA Streams

and midi files too from a very very long time!
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 09:37:45 pm »

Great improvement. Just one really annoying and pretty fundamental bug IMO. All my view schemes that hang of a custom group show columns relating to images (people, places etc) and being a music only user this is none too helpful. I can select 'Make all like current' to alter it but it resets every time I close and reopen MC. All the view schemes that aren't in groups i.e. those that just hang straight off media library are Ok.

Can't believe no-one else has reported this - I'm beginning to wonder if it's something I've done. Anyone out there using groups?

Other issue from prev builds:  If you use the panes (say you select an artist then album) then search, the results are erratic.  It doesn't restrict the results to the selected pane, nor does it find all results for the scheme.  I think you implied it should restrict itself to the selected pane.  Not personally bothered which but it needs to do one or the other.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 02:40:10 am »

Just to save some bytes...
Here is a list of obsolete images that can be removed from the PixOS skin:

The "Player_xxx" images can be removed even from Z skin.
The "Slider_Handle.gif" image can be removed even from Green Eyes skin.

LisaRCT

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2003, 04:33:55 am »

MC still crashes on some streams
i.e.  play the mp3 stream on www.radioparadise.com, (which includes like several stream url's that are available)
if MC does not find the stream and you click 'stop' or on another of the url's in your playing now window, MC will often crash.

Also, on a site like CD Baby, where you can listen to sample tracks . . . .  click on a track and select 'Open' rather than save, and MC sometime plays the track but at times is completely unresponsive . . .  
perhaps because this is a  .RA stream??

LisaRCT

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2003, 04:45:55 am »

Oh, forgot to mention . . .

9 out of 10 times, when I close MC, I get an error message:

'Media Jukebox e.exe has enerated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.'
It also states that a log has been created, but I can't locate the error log for the life of me (did a file search on *.log but none appeared to be the right one)

Pink Waters

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2003, 06:15:44 am »

there is an issue that bugs me :

• when there is no internet connection openning MC and startin with the start window.. opens a dialup connection,.. unless i open internet explorer and choose work offline
Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2003, 06:39:30 am »

there is an issue that bugs me :

• when there is no internet connection openning MC and startin with the start window.. opens a dialup connection,.. unless i open internet explorer and choose work offline
It's only doing what you've asked it to in your internet options (connections) setting.  If you don't want this change the setting to 'never dial a connection'.

LisaRCT

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2003, 06:52:45 am »

11. NEW: Mouse wheel now works with a window without the need to set the focus to it first.

YAY!!!

. . . . . can we say 'Auto-Scroll' ??

Will_Robinson

• Recent member
  • Coming in second simply means first one to lose!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2003, 07:50:20 am »

First off, Great piece of software!!! Seriously, it's a joy to use something so powerful and yet for a computer rookie like myself I'm finding my way around pretty easily.

* when configuring columns for 'Media Library' view the changes stay put, but for sub catagories like 'Artist/Album' the columns I had moved or eliminated return to original location each time I reboot the computer even though I have selected to save the changes...am I missing a way to make these changes stay permanent?

* when in 'Artist/Album' view, scroll down the list and switching to 'Playing Now' to check something...make a change etc., then switch back to 'Artist/Album' view the list has reset to the top position causing me to scroll down again to continue where I had left off. Can that be changed?

Again many thanks for the work you guys did, I came to Windows from Mac and the lack of a decent iTunes replacement that was iPod friendly was the only reason I still have a Mac...well, thanks to JR MC anyone want a used G3 ;)

LisaRCT

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2003, 08:44:22 am »

BUG:  FALSE Duplicates . . . .

MC is showing NUMEROUS duplicate files, which when verified in windows DO NOT EXIST.  

What's up with that?   ?

(tried deleting from library and reimporting, but las they still appear in MC)

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2003, 09:13:37 am »

Under Properties, I have songs with varying items (e.g. Album, Artist, etc.) highlighted.  In previous builds if I wanted to change all the selected to the same Album, Artist, etc., I would use the drop-down in Properties for that field and select and hit enter.  With this build I am getting <too many items to list>.  This is true even if there are only two varying choices, or two selections highlighted for that matter.  

Under Genre in Properties, in previous builds the genres in selected songs would show first, then then whole list below that.  Now it only shows the whole list.

In Properties, the visible fields selection was better before, using the twistie (Lotus Notes Speak) to view or hide sections (catagories).  The current build only allows all catagories or individual ones.  Would it be possible to select, say General AND Extended?

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2003, 09:40:55 am »

Concerning MegaMe skins:
  • The Position Slider, the Volume Slider and the small Shuffle, DSP and Continious On/Off buttons loose mouse focus on their bottoms when they are placed a little bit lower (Take a look at the hover effect of the WinDoze skins, for example)... maybe there can be done something about it?

I'm now finishing my other skins and stumbled over two things:

The above mentioned behavior seems to happen because the "Playerbar_SliderPos" image is always drawn 16 pixel high... Maybe it would be possible that it's drawn like the height of the image instead of being fixed?

Another small (I hope so...) wish: Can there be something added to define the color of the Search Bar text? It would be nice to set the background of the "Playerbar_Search" image to something darker in some cases... Maybe the color of that text can be set together with the <PLAYERBAR> "Display" entry?

I will take the blame if the other authors have to make a little update :P (But I think they will be happy with these "simple" but valuable improvements ;) )

jleerigby

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2003, 09:52:47 am »

5. Fixed: "Tagging Mode" instructions wouldn't always be displayed properly.
They won't display at all for me 'cos I can't access tagging mode.  Prior to this build I had removed the toolbar button (Quick tag) as I didn't use it.  Now there's no button available in the Customise Menu Bar dialog - so I can't add it back.  Nor can I find any means of accessing tagging mode in the top menu.

jleerigby

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2003, 10:01:41 am »

* when in 'Artist/Album' view, scroll down the list and switching to 'Playing Now' to check something...make a change etc., then switch back to 'Artist/Album' view the list has reset to the top position causing me to scroll down again to continue where I had left off. Can that be changed?
Apparently this is by design.  If you want the panes to remember state when going back to them use the back button instead of the tree.

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2003, 02:01:07 pm »

You guys addressed three of the bugs that I reported in this build. Excellent! Thanks for the response. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to think that I'm helping to guide the development of this great product.
Pages: [1]   Go Up