INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QNAP 453 mini  (Read 4051 times)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
QNAP 453 mini
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:47:28 am »

Hello all.

I'd like to check on this topic to see I have correct information, as it has been discussed recently but just want to verify.

I have just purchased a QNAP 453mini and would like to get the JRiver app working to stream via DLNA and have a few queries

So:

I believe I have to purchase either a JRiver Linux license or Master license for the QNAP?
I have a Windows license (MC22) and am told that a Master upgrade comes at a discount, how is this actually done? I don't see this covered in the order process anywhere.
Is MC22 supported on the QNAP as yet? Also I've noticed a few bugs reported in these forums, is the QNAP/JRiver setup essentially stable now?

Thanks and regards

Scobie

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: QNAP 453 mini
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:39:20 am »

So:

I believe I have to purchase either a JRiver Linux license or Master license for the QNAP?
I have a Windows license (MC22) and am told that a Master upgrade comes at a discount, how is this actually done? I don't see this covered in the order process anywhere.

I wasn't sure myself because I got myself an MC22 Master licence ahead of the curve. No matter.

1st step - check the licencing page (refer the bottom of every Interact page for a link) and as you indicate: no help there.

2nd step - head to the Windows MC22 sub-forum, where I spied the sticky:
      Upgrade Help

You could have also found the same basic info on the Wiki under Upgrade

That at least answers some of your questions.

There is a key QNAP thread, QNAP Instructions and Questions, that I think should be stickied to the top of the current version's board (in this case v21). Unfortunately it's not, so it took a bit of digging to turn it up.

You might find answers there. I leave further digging around to you.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
Re: QNAP 453 mini
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:27 am »

Thank you Astromo, just what I wanted. Much appreciated.

Judging from the upgrade tips link you have provided,
You can order a license that will work with both MC21 and MC22
I should be able to punch in my MC22 key and it will give me one that works with the QNAP.

How have you found the QNAP/JRiver setup?

Scobie
Pages: [1]   Go Up