INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laptop as Server with jremote on tablet  (Read 3167 times)

garysi

• Recent member
Laptop as Server with jremote on tablet
« on: October 01, 2016, 03:46:16 pm »

I may be completely off here, but bear with me.  I have an older Dell XPS with the onboard video starting to go and was thinking of using it as my server.  I have MC22 on it and about 3TB on an external drive, which then goes to a Schitt Bifrost, via USB, processed by Dirac installed on the laptop, and then to my Saxon intergrated. If I use JRemote on a tablet or a phone can i leave the laptop next to the audio setup and control it from JRemote?  Any ideas would help?  Sorry in advance for taking your time if this turns out to be an easy as hell fix.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Laptop as Server with jremote on tablet
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 04:29:09 pm »

Sure...I use it on my tablet it's amazing!

If your video is going besure to remove the logon password if you have one and be sure to have MC startup on boot...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »

Yes, that's exactly one of the ways JRemote can be used.

garysi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:40:22 pm »

Thanks for the fast response, I never thought about the password.  That would have been a disaster if I let it go.

garysi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 10:11:54 pm »

I might be pushing my luck with you, the JRiver community, but if I can have it all I would like to be able to throw TIDAL into the mix.  Anyway I can run it through MC, or as a separate app run with an app on the tablet, yet still through the Schitt.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »

I might be pushing my luck with you, the JRiver community, but if I can have it all I would like to be able to throw TIDAL into the mix.  Anyway I can run it through MC, or as a separate app run with an app on the tablet, yet still through the Schitt.
You may want to start a new post for this ? to get a better response!

did u miss this post?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107188.0.html
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 12:52:02 am »

One thing you can do is use to install TuneAero on the PC, and use Airplay from the Tidal app on the tablet to "send" the music to the PC, which will then route through the Schiit if set up correctly. The best streaming quality of Tidal matches the AirPlay spec, iirc, so theoretically there should be no loss in sound quality, provided you have a very robust wifi network. Other than that, you could install Roon on the PC, but it's $120 per year. It does, however, integrate Tidal very well, and a tablet can be used to control it, including the Tidal functionality. The best would be for Tidal to give their apps remote capability over a "Core' installed on a PC.

MikeO

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

Roon is interesting give the 14 day trial a go if you don't mind giving your cc number

I am sorely tempted but stopped because it does sync with my streamer

Otherwise it's quite addictive

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up