INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting XML and MPL playlists from Mac to PC: Automate the process?  (Read 1792 times)

Maeghaus

• World Citizen
  • These are not the Druids you are looking for.

Hi MC forum folks! Back in 2014 I did a lot of work on XML playlists on the Mac and also found a way to convert Mac XML playlists to work on the PC version of MC.

Recently, a household member had a 2009 iMac that died. I have a 2013 iMac, and to stream music to my Windows PC I use the DLNA server function and that has worked very well. But I am needing to give up my iMac to replace the dead one. That means relying on my PC for awhile.

I can use MC for Windows, using the external music drive library, but I also wanted to keep my playlists. The problem is, the playlists from the Mac don't work on the Windows version unless the XML files are edited. I'm not going to go into details on the editing here but am glad to give details. When I was an eager young woodchuck I typed an extensive tutorial on iTunes to MC XML conversion. The research helped JRiver's MC development, and I am very happy to have contributed. But my question here is, what can I do to automate the process? I'm not a coder but I do have some macro background. I've been using Windows Wordpad for the editing. Maybe the team knows or one of you forum members.

I posted this discussion to the MC22 for Windows category but could be a plug-in/third-party topic. I wanted to ask the question; you can reassign the topic if needed.

Thanks -- Tom
Windows PC (2023)
- Media Center Playback Host (DNLA), primary library source - Windows 11 Pro - Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700KF@3.60 GHz - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32 GB (16x2) RAM DDR4 3200 - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3, 10 GB VRAM - WD_BLACK 4TB SN850X SSD - Mac Mini M1 (2020) - MSI GE Series GE66 Raider Laptop

submeg

• Recent member
Re: Converting XML and MPL playlists from Mac to PC: Automate the process?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:43:23 am »

I'm in the same boat as you Maeghaus, I can change the file directories myself, but can only do so album by album and it's tedious. Have you had any luck?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 03:46:16 am »

is it just an exercise in finding a certain string (the path) and replacing it with another string (the new path)?

submeg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 04:40:24 am »

is it just an exercise in finding a certain string (the path) and replacing it with another string (the new path)?

In my case, yes. I just made a thread about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up