INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote will not install or run on IOS 10.0.2  (Read 3121 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote will not install or run on IOS 10.0.2
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:32 pm »

Hi,

I recently upgraded to IOS 10.0.2 on my Ipad Air, and found that JRemote was 100% broken: it crashed instantly on launch, even after a reboot.

So I took the normal troubleshooting step: delete the app, and reinstall from the app store.

JRemote will not install from the app store.  The "installation circle" spins for a fraction of a second, then the cloud/download icon reappears.  So it absolutely will not install.  I was able to reinstall the app using Itunes, but it again instantly crashes on launch as soon as it shows the splash screen.

UPDATE:

I was able to fix this by updating the computer-stored version of JRemote using Itunes, then deleting JRemote from the Ipad and reinstalling using Itunes.  Then JRemote would work.  Direct installation on the Ipad was impossible; not sure if something is wrong with the package on the app store...

BCW3621

• Recent member
Re: JRemote will not install or run on IOS 10.0.2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:20 pm »

Unfortunately, I too have been unable to use JRemote 3.23 after the latest update and following updating my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 10 a few months ago.

While I am able to connect to my app, it only allows me to play one track at a time - regardless of all settings - and plays until 10 full seconds before the end of the track. It then crashes and I'm staring at the icons on my iPad desktop.

I've tried everything within my ability and am unable to fix this on my own. Before the last app update and Windows 10 it was working perfectly for three years.

Anyone willing to assist?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:54:22 pm »

V3.24 should resolve this, assuming you were suffering from the broken 32 bit "i" device / ios10 issue.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Jas415

Re: JRemote Reinstall on iPad with IOS 10.3.1
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 03:03:34 am »

I want to install JRiver Remote appl that I purchased over a year ago, but never installed.  I have an iPad that has been reset to factory settings with IOS upgraded to 10.3.1 and I have the JRemote Access Key.  I don't know where to re-download to reinstall and the Apple store is asking to repurchase.
Can anyone advise?  Thanks.  :-\

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »

Login to the apple store app with the same id as used previously, and check the section for purchased apps, jremote should show as already bought and will allow you to reinstall.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up