INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Album playlist  (Read 1487 times)

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Feature request: Album playlist
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:42:29 am »

I'd like to be able to create album playlists.

Maybe it's already possible within the existing playlist feature, but I can't find something like "group by album" in a playlist.

I'd like to create album playlists like "top 10 albums for driving at night". I know I could use a specific keyword or a Library field in a smartlist to accomplish that, but then I would lose the ability to use a sequential number to sort my albums.

Is this already possible within MC ? Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks !

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: Album playlist
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:37 am »

I'm not sure what you want.  Is it just the ability to see albums as single thumbnails while looking at the playlist?  If that's it, you can create a view that shows playlists in a Pane.  Then, set the view type to album thumbnails and you'll see the album thumbnails in the playlist.  With this method, you can't edit the playlist to change it's order.  You can still do that in the playlist itself, but in the View, you won't be able to set song or album order.

See attached screen shot for reference.

Brian.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Re: Feature request: Album playlist
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »

Thanks blgentry

Your solution works. But, indeed, it can't keep the playlist order. Maybe a Sort by -> Playlist order option would work ?

Basically, I just want to create a playlist with ordered albums and navigate that playlist by albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up