INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD channels  (Read 1358 times)

dsumm

HD channels
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:28:12 am »

I used Windows MC when I ran win 7 on my computer.  When I switched to Win 10 wmc was no longer an option.  I purchased JRiver MC 21 and have noticed that everyting works nice
except I am not able to receive all of my HD channels.  I had no problem with WMC.  What can I do to correct this?  Thanks for your help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HD channels
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »

MC can receive HD channels just fine. I receive FTA 1920x1080i H.264, 6 channel AC-3 channels with no problem here in Australia.

However, as CountryBumkin said to you previously;
You can not view encrypted channels with Media Center program - perhaps that is why some channels don't play.

If your HD channels are encrypted, MC can't play them. This is, of course, a DRM and licencing issue. It won't be solved any time soon.

If you believe that the HD channels aren't encrypted (Copy Once), provide some more information about your location, your service provider, which channels are not working, and anything else you think is relevant. We already know you are using a HDHomerun Prime.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up