INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing "People" or other tags from face recognition software  (Read 4644 times)

NFB

• Recent member

I have seen this question posted elsewhere on this forum (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=printpage;topic=80907.0), but with responses from a while ago, and none that I could get to work.

I am organizing my photos in JRiver and want to simplify tagging of people using face recognition from other software and storing the data inside the file. What I'm currently for facial recognition using is Picasa (which I know is no longer supported, but it still works). I'm using Picasa 3.9.140.296 and MC 21 on a Mac. I have the Picasa checkbox set to "Store name tags in photo" under Preferences -> Name Tags, but when imported to JRiver, the people names do not import as any field within MC tags, neither as Keywords nor as People.

Can anyone please provide me some direction?

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing "People" or other tags from face recognition software
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:34:19 am »

This should work.

I recently converted to Lightroom from Picasa and both applications use the same naming scheme.

On a photo where you tagged people in Picasa, did you try selecting "update library from tags" in the context menu (mouse rightclick)? 

Castius

Re: Importing "People" or other tags from face recognition software
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:52:20 am »

I'd check to see if picasa has saved the tags.

I think that option in picasa just applies when you you "save" the image in picasa.
So it may still have resave your images in picasa. To get the tags.

I personally don't like resaving. I wish there was a better way.

Al ex

Re: Importing People or other tags from face recognition software
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:01:15 pm »

I just recently started to use Picasa to face tag all my images. Haven't thought about using JR for images so far.

Are there any advantages of JRiver compared to Picasa? I guess JRiver is not supporting face recognition?
Pages: [1]   Go Up