INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Track Selection  (Read 1970 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Track Selection
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:38:46 am »

In Theater View, when you drill down into an album, you get a list of the tracks.  Then, when you click on any track, you get another screen with information about that track and the option to play the track.

In some cases, it would be much easier to have the track simply *Play* when you click on it, and not take you into the information/options screen.  I can't find any way to change this behavior, but I hope I'm just missing something. 

Is there a way to have a track play directly from clicking on it?  If not, this would be a nice feature to add as an option.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View Track Selection
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:30:17 am »

To be fair it's just a double-click / double-enter to start playback.  The first click shows the option screen and the second click picks "Play".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:33:27 am »

It's certainly not hard or unintuitive.

But... it's also not very well suited to picking tracks from an album and listening to them in an interactive way.  For example if you don't know the song you are looking for, based on title, and you are sampling a few tracks.  Might be track 3, might be track 7, etc.  The navigation certainly allows you to do this.  But it would be faster, in these particular use cases, to directly select the track and have it play.

Brian.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:33:56 am »

In Theater View, when you drill down into an album, you get a list of the tracks.  Then, when you click on any track, you get another screen with information about that track and the option to play the track.

In some cases, it would be much easier to have the track simply *Play* when you click on it, and not take you into the information/options screen.  I can't find any way to change this behavior, but I hope I'm just missing something. 

Is there a way to have a track play directly from clicking on it?  If not, this would be a nice feature to add as an option.

Brian.

If you have a keyboard attached, highlight the track and press spacebar.
If you have a MC remote, highlight the track and press the play button.

Both options add the entire album to the playlist (replacing the playlist) and start playing the highlighted track.

Additionally, you might want to turn off the option that switches to the playing now view. Options>Theater View>Jump on Play.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 02:46:42 pm »

^ Thanks for the additional techniques.  They aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but it's nice to know they are there.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up