INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC22 - date imported -corruption -FIXED  (Read 1502 times)

derekc

• Recent member
MC22 - date imported -corruption -FIXED
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:27:38 pm »

Hi - I like to see all my recent music imports at the top - so use the sort by date imported. All was fine until today when I imported two new recordings into my library and MC22 decided that any recording artist starting with "K" was also a new import. Hmm.

I have checked the dates on these files in windows file explorer and all are showing old dates. Obviously, something triggered MC22 to do this - this may be a thread in itself (and may explain the odd recording that now and again appears in the latest imports, but being only one or two I generally can ignore them). At the moment I really would like to remove the old files. Is there any simple way of restoring the original import dates for these files please? I see lots of fixes (additional fields) on the forum, but these appear to be only for new imports?

P.S. though I really do try and look after my data, I do not have a current library backup - I will make sure it is regularly backed up from now on.

Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC22 - date imported -corruption
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:36:13 pm »

The program makes an automatic backup.
Check under "Tools>Options>File Location>Program Files" to see where it saves to.

derekc

• Recent member
Re: MC22 - date imported -corruption -FIXED
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »

thanks CountryBumpkin - how embarrassing - that was easy enough to restore and this time "K" artists are in their rightful place. All is well :-)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC22 - date imported -corruption -FIXED
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 04:01:48 pm »

For future reference and/or discussion:

I discovered quite some time ago that a bunch of my library changed import dates also.  It could have been my error; I'm just not sure.

As for fixing it, you can find threads that show how to make an MPL export, edit the date imported field, and then reimport the MPL, which will update with the new info.  I believe MCUtils could also be used to do this, but I haven't played with it for that particular task just yet.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up