INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: play highest quality version of song in album  (Read 4042 times)

santschi

play highest quality version of song in album
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:55:27 am »

I have several versions of a song and when I choose an "album" don't want to hear the multiples.  How do is JRiver to just play the best quality version of the song?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: play highest quality version of song in album
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

This is a deceptively difficult question.  Because it really is a question about library organization and not really a question about playback.

There are several ways to do this.  One is to remove the lower quality versions of your songs.  Presumably you don't want or need to low quality versions.  Another way to do it is to build views that only show lossless files like FLAC and WAV, but don't show MP3s and files like that.

Yet another way to do it, is to tag your albums such that the file type or quality is part of the album name.  For example, "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Dark Side Of The Moon (MP3)".  That way you can choose to play what you want and you'll know that it's only one version of the album.

In general that's the solution I favor:  Label the album name with identifying information *if* you have more than one version of an album.

Brian.

santschi

Re: play highest quality version of song in album
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:47:37 pm »

Thanks so much, I'll try the latter. I want to try to keep all the files, even the MP3.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up