INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback Issue - hangs for 30 secs  (Read 1419 times)

occupanther

Video Playback Issue - hangs for 30 secs
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:12:11 pm »

Hi all.

I have an issue (Win10, MC22 & 23, GTX1070 - latest driver after an uninstall and reinstall with DDU) when playing back video files (20-30GB).

JRiver starts fine, but after about 4 or 5 mins, the video stops and hangs, and I'm unable to do anything at this point.  after about 30 seconds. the video speeds up to catch up and resumes again as normal for another 5-10 mins, and happens again,

It seems like a buffer issue so I changed some of the settings, to no avail.

I also uninstalled and re-installed MC 22 & 23.  Tried the lateset MadvR and also tried MPC-HC ... I still have the issue.

i have my PC hooked up to an Epson 6040UB projector, so it is outputting 'faux-k' .. so could this be an issue?  Is there any special settings for JRiver for upscaling to 4K?  I've tried looking into refresh rates in Windows etc but havent got very far. 

Sometimes, even whilst using windows 10 with JRiver closed, my screen will go completely black for 5 seconds, so am wondering whether this may have something to do with it also.

I've never had any bother with JRiver before this, and love the product for all it's awesome audio repro and video enhancements .. it's the best player out there.  I'd love to get to the bottom of this little conundrum too as I have a backlog to get through :)

many thanks

n
Pages: [1]   Go Up