INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View problem... see desc and screen shot  (Read 2046 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
View problem... see desc and screen shot
« on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:22 pm »

I have an existing view "Books" which worked great in MC21.  Books only has one file filter,

Genre is any Podcast

When I select this view it takes about 10 seconds to display, and during that 10 seconds MC get weird looking, the pgm seems to get a bit larger and fuzzy.

Other more complex views appear instantly, including my Audio view.

And when I edit Books to use a different genre, nothing shows up at all even though I have files with the replacement genre.

Any ideas?  How do I make a new view from scratch, what is the entry point in the MC gui?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqmswkrvaq9unla/20170714_View.jpg?dl=0

Spike1000

Re: View problem... see desc and screen shot
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 03:57:11 am »

I guess you're using windows 10.

This has come up a few times, I've seen it myself a few times also. Seems to be caused either by the 'Windows Start Menu issue' there's a long thread about that on the forum; or possibly by some form of system 'latency'. . . A failing hard drive has caused it, I've seen it but it just went away after a Windows update.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111238.msg768968.html#msg768968

Spike

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 09:38:12 pm »

Thank for the reply.  Yes I am using Windows 10.  In my case, the fuzzy and freeze only happens when I select a particular view, other views have no problem.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:38:00 am »

How do I make a new view from scratch, what is the entry point in the MC gui?

View > Add View > Add Library View
OR
(Right click on an outer container like Audio) > Add Library View

Brian.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:38 pm »

Thanks Brian.  It was obvious once you told me the answer...

I found what is making my Books view so slow to start.. including a PlayList Group in the panes, and specifically a playlist in that playlist group that looks for files imported < X days ago.

I suspect that MC is resolving all of the playlists in the playlist group before display, and DateImported is not indexed... actually any playlists in the playlist group slows down the display of the View, but DateImported < X days makes it take so long MC gets fuzzy and unresponsive for a time.

This same view with the same Playlist Group in the Panes worked fast in MC21, so something changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up