INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing guide  (Read 1501 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Viewing guide
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:31:21 am »

Currently when you mouse over a item in the Guide (grid), on the bottom of the page you get the items name and a description.  Is there a way that I can add the season and episode to the end of the name. This would help greatly in deciding if it needs to be recorded/watched. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Viewing guide
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

While I understand it would be nice to see the Season and Episode at the bottom of the Guide, I don't understand how it would actually help you decide whether to record it or not. After all, you would have had to check which Season and Episode you had already recorded and/or watched before you could decide anyway. You would have to look at other parts of MC to know that. Unless you had memorised all the "good" episodes by Season and Episode number so when you saw one in the Guide you wanted to record it.

The TV Recording Rules now allow you to select a program to record based on the Season number. For example, I have the Simpsons recording for all Seasons greater than 22 at the moment. I could set a rule to only record Season 19, perhaps if I missed some Episodes in that Season. Combined with the ability to not record reruns, and more importantly not record programs that have been recorded before, MC can make the decision for you whether to record a program or not, once you have decided the rules for what to record and set them up.

But to answer your question, which has been asked before, no, there is no way currently to add the Season and Episode in the display at the bottom of the Guide. You could do some fancy automation to add the information to the name field after every EPG load, but it wouldn't be easy and frankly I don't think it would be worth it. Changing the [Name] tag would cause other issues, like preventing MC from looking up the program metadata correctly.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up