INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting by column  (Read 1924 times)

steelwheel

Sorting by column
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:01:08 pm »

Hello to All,
I am new to MC 22 and was hoping that someone may be able to help me. Q:, I am trying to sort by column headers "Album, Artist etc" from the Panes view, when I click on the header nothing happens, it does however work in list view. Is there something simple that I'm missing.
Thanks in advance for your help.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting by column
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »

Panes view is designed to group by album.  You can control sort within the album; for example alphabetically instead of by track #.  You can also temporarily sort the entire panes view by any column.  But that will only stick until you change something (like clicking on some panes up above).

Do you really want to sort your entire collection alphabetically or something?  What kind of search and/or sort are you trying to do?

Brian.

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »

Right click the header and select Edit. You can select the type of sorting you want under Settings > Sorting

steelwheel

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 05:34:11 pm »

Thanks blgentry and 221bBS,
I sometimes prefer to sought by B-Rate to see what needs upgrading or discarding.
Thank you 221bBS, editing from header will do just about anything I want, I'm new to the MC. (Great Tip).

Again Thank You for your response and time.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 05:44:21 pm »

I seem to have given you bad advice.  You can ungroup things in Panes view if you want.  In fact the stock view called "Files" is ungrouped.

Just click on the header of your view (it has a down arrow next to the name of the view at the top).  You'll then get a menu.  One of the menu items is "group by".  Select "none" for group by and you should be all set.  Click on any column and it should sort by that column.

Good luck!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up