INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort albums chronologically  (Read 3241 times)

dcd2112

Sort albums chronologically
« on: November 26, 2016, 06:17:44 pm »

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out a way to have my Pono player display albums in chronological order as opposed to alphabetical order. With my old iPod and iTunes, you could go in to an album in iTunes, there was a sorting tab, and then set "sort as" by year. If you had an artist that had multiple albums released in any given year, such as The Beatles, you could set iTunes to sort albums such as 1963 01; 1963 02; 1964 01 and etc... You didn't have the change the album's name or create playlists and when you dumped albums into the iPod and selected the Beatles, all of the albums would display in chronological order.
is there a way to get the Pono player to do this?
Thank you!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sort albums chronologically
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:33:01 am »

You're asking about sorting in the Pono portable device right?  Not the computer program that runs on your PC?

The portable device (Pono) doesn't have any sort options that I'm aware of.  Pono tech support would have a definitive answer for you.

Brian.

dcd2112

Re: Sort albums chronologically
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:20:46 am »

Yes. That's correct. In PMW, I do have my albums sorted by release date, however when I drop them into the Pono player, the player ignores that and automatically sorts each artist's albums alphabetically.

The iPod didn't have any sorting capability of it's own either. It just mirrored how I set my albums to be sorted in iTunes.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up